225. Sister Nian Is About To Humiliate Someone

''It's alright.''

Switching to another standing position, Qiao Nian raised a brow and asked, ''Weren't you curious about how big my birthday party is, who I am inviting, and which booth it would be in?''

Qiao Chen fell silent.

She just asked for the sake of it. She didn't care about it at all.

''Yup, that's right.''

Qiao Nian saw through her lie and knew what she was thinking of. Her eyes turned cold as she glanced at Qiao Chen.

She said with a low voice, ''You'll know this weekend.''

What did she mean?

Qiao Chen's heart skipped a beat, and it started to race. She had a bad feeling about it.

Her parents and grandma would be there this weekend. Nothing should go wrong, right?

...

After leaving, walked across the street, opened the door of the Phaeton, and got in.

She then slammed the door shut.

Ye Wangchuan noticed how hard she slammed the door and raised his brows. He shut off his laptop, turned towards her, and asked, ''What caused you to be so angry?"

Pouting, Qiao Nian's eyes turned cold as she replied annoyedly, ''I met a crazy person on the way here.''

What crazy person would annoy her to that point?

Ye Wangchuan stared at her curiously. He then smiled gently and proposed with some bloodlust, ''Should I take care of this person for you?"

Should she let him take care of Qiao Chen?

Qiao Nian blinked, feeling less annoyed already. She leaned against the seat and scoffed. ''That's fine. I like to take care of crazy people myself.''

She didn't want to rely on others when it involved Qiao Chen.

She looked thoughtful as she continued, ''You have to deal with such person yourself. Else, they'll forget about it and continue to annoy you after their recovery.''

Qiao Chen was one such example. She avoided her for the past few days, yet she dared appear in front of Qiao Nian today. Even though she wasn't capable of doing much, it was still annoying.

''Are you sure you don't need my help?" Ye Wangchuan asked with a strong sense of disappointment.

Qiao Nian felt better after speaking to him. She nodded and said, ''It's fine. I can handle it on my own.''

She was close to finding a witness for what happened at the hospital's staircase.

If Qiao Chen really pushed Chen Chen down the stairs, she wasn't going to let it slide.

She announced before that she could bring Qiao family to success, and she could bring them to failure as well.

But she couldn't find any concrete evidence to show that Qiao Chen pushed Chen Chen down. Chen Chen was still bedridden and was going through physiotherapy. Yet, the Qiao family was eagerly preparing for Qiao Chen's birthday.

If Qiao Chen didn't come to her, she wouldn't have been so annoyed. But she did. It was....so annoying.

Her phone rang.

She received a message.

Qiao Nian looked down at her phone.

She tapped on the notification.

She had sent this message.

[QN: Do you want to come over for a meal?]

The person replied to her—

[Nie: When and where?]

Qiao Nian sent the address of Waterside Loft to him. After that, she started to rest.

She had been busy investigating Chen Chen's incident and settling matters for the Red Alliance. Hence, she had been sleeping at 3:00 a.m. everyday and going to school in the morning.

After a few days, her eyes were red due to lack of sleep.

''Let me rest for a while.''

Ye Wangchuan saw how she slept next to him even though he was of the opposite sex. He also noticed how pretty and fair she was. Her long lashes made her look adorable.

He suddenly smiled. He put a hand on his lap and asked in a low voice, ''What do you want for your birthday?"

Qiao Niam had been really tired these few days. Half-asleep by now, she frowned, finding his question annoying. She pouted and replied. ''I'm fine with anything.''