chapter 20 | car

JASMIN MARTINEZ

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

It's been a couple of days since I resumed work. Most of my bruises were gone except for the bullet mark on my leg. Somehow, I was still limping.

I met up with Antonio when he came to my penthouse, and he was a loving human being. He was very caring and loving towards Xavier which made my heart. I could see the love he had for him through his eyes.

In the back of my head, I dreamed to have a love like theirs. But, that was impossible. Only lucky ones are able to find true love.

I got ready for work, putting on long sleeve mint blouse and blue jeans. I needed to have my body covered from the scarring. I put my hair into a neat low bun and put on dangling earrings. I put on some black flats because I wouldn't be able to walk with my heels because of my limping state. I had already changed my nail color to nude.

 I had already changed my nail color to nude

I left the penthouse after feeding my cat. My Momma was still asleep, therefore the nurse would just make her food when she wakes up.

I called over my driver today to drive me to Chase's palace. "Morning, Jonathan." I greeted.

He opened the door for me and I sat down. "Good morning, Ma'am." He closed the door and went to the driver's side.

I opened the book that I brought with me from home and began reading as Jonathan drove us. The sunlight was bright, covering my face as I read.

After a long time, I arrived at Chase's house. "You can leave." I informed Jonathan, before stepping out of the car.

My team was already here, they needed to put in the flooring and paint the rest of the rooms on the upper levels.

The door was opened and I stepped inside. I saw them already working and I made a note of that. They would get a little increase in their pay. I went to the kitchen to see them removing everything.

I talked to them about what to do and the kitchen design. After talking to them, I went into the backyard and sat on the chair. I opened my MacBook and started purchasing items for the palace. I was behind on work since I pretty much stayed in bed the whole time.

I emailed my team the updated designs for some of the rooms and afterward started online shopping as we had measurements for every room now.

"Martinez." A deep voice spoke, I looked up to see Chase in front of me. His hair was wet telling me he had just taken a fresh shower. He was wearing a white button-up with his sleeves rolled up and black dress pants.