Chapter Nine

∘˚˳°✧ɴɪɴᴇ||

You lazily look at the ceiling, counting sheep to pass the time as your body sprawled on the bed. The sound of Adrien's voice talking to Nino on the background can be heard.

This was your third day in Las Vegas and today is the day where the galla will happen. Your dress was inside the box, on the table and when you looked at it earlier, you were mesmerized by its simplicity.

Sighing, you brought your arm on top of your forehead and recall your talk with Luka last night. You wanted to call and apologize, however you knew that he's busy. You don't want to bother him when he's just an inch away from his dreams.

But the thought of him and Marinette. It brought you heartache to be honest. Biting your lips in contemplation, you shook your head and sighed.

He's Luka... He wouldn't dare to cheat on your, less look at another girl. You knew Luka since you were fourteen and he's the kind and gentle type who wouldn't dare to hurt anyone unless necessary or it reaches his limit.

"Oh... Is that so? That's great. Thanks"

You heard Adrien said but you didn't probe unto it. Since you were feeling bored out of your life, you seated and stretch before going down on the bed and took your converse white shoes on the shoe rack.
Adrien notice this and look at you curiously and you gave him a subtle nod pointing at the door.

Adrien thumbs up mouthing 'ok' and he took  his credit card and gave it to you.

"The password's 1017"

"Are you sure?" You suspiciously eyed the card as if it could kill you, in which it could if you were too careless.
This is Adrien's hard work after all, even though he model his father's clothing. Adrien is still being paid for advertising it.

"Of course. You should enjoy, I'll catch up with you so don't forget your phone" nodding stiffly, you put the credit card on your wallet before putting it on your backpack.

Honestly, you're almost being swayed by Adrien's acting.

If you think of it deeply, you have never seen Adrien act slyly and you doubt he can act like that. Shrugging, you toured inside the premises looking around at the stands serving drinks and such, you withdraw earlier so you bought some on the way.

While you were casually walking, a small figure suddenly bump into your legs making you almost fall if you hadn't balanced yourself.

You coldly turn around and look down to see a kid around the age of five looking at you with his doe green eyes, innocently blinking making your furrow your eyebrows at the sudden warm feeling inside you.

"Sister!"

Your temple throbbed and you stared at the little boy that is now grinning at you. His face flush red, rows of teeth showing and you can clearly see how he is well taken care off.

"Sister!" But to your chagrin he opened his mouth and called you that title. Children calling your sister wasn't new, but this is the first time someone says it so enthusiastically and so confident.

"I'm not your sister" you coldly said and the boy pouted, his brows furrowed in distress while looking up at you. The rim of his eyes turned red making you irk at this emotional kid.

"Lie! Y.. you're my sister! Why are you lying?" The kid purse his lips and looked like suppressing himself not to cry. You don't know if it's because he was trying to act strong or because you are here but his expression made you want to bully him.

Just look at the white chubby cheeks.

You just want to pinch it until the boy cries.

"Kid.. i don't know you, so shoo— go and bother someone else" there was defeat in your eyes while looking at the boy.
Heh, you were never good with kids anyway. Even if they are adorable, you only want them to cry to make them more cuter, specially this type of children who tries to hide their tears.

"Wuhh, you're mean! You're not my sister"

You deadpanned... Geez

"I never said i was"

The boy frustratingly glare at you making your lips twitch. Seriously? This kid calls you sister and you denied his words, but when you shoo him away he'll call you mean and take back his words? Kids are really weird!

He sniff "you should wipe my tears and not make me cry. That's what sisters d—"

"Lucas!"

You sighed in relief when a woman around the age of twenty above came in distress and kneeled down in front of this boy 'Lucas'.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" The woman gushed at the boy flipping his arms for injury making you roll your eyes internally.

"T-that sister doesn't want me!" The Lady look up at her then her expression change in a funny manner before she smiled at you making your wonder if that was an illusion.

"I'm sorry for his behavior. He just like calling other girls sister"

"I can tell" you said

"I'm not calling others sister! She's my only sister!" You sighed and shook your head.

The woman gave you a wry smile before carrying Lucas and walk away, the boy making fuss.
You chuckled when you saw Adrien walking to you, throwing a weird glance at the two before he reach you

"Who was that?" He ask and you shook your head and started walking, knowing Adrien will follow

"Just some boy calling me sister"

Adrien laugh "that never change"

You shrugged and lips quirking slightly, but disappeared immediately.

"i know"

•°•.✧ᴇɴᴅ||