Chapter 13

Norman fell to his hands and knees, staring over the still ink river. He yelled until his voice was hoarse, calling for Sammy, not knowing what else to do.
"Welp, he's dead." Bendy shrugged, turning and leaving.
      "Oh no you don't, we're not letting that thing take Sammy!" Henry said, grabbing the demon's arm to stop him from going anywhere.
      Bendy slumped. "Fiiiine, I can go in the river and see what I can do." The demon sighed.
      "With that thing in there? What if you get hurt?" Henry asked in worry.
"Hey, I'll be fine. Even after Sammy had showered all the ink off of him, his soul has still been corrupted partially by it, so he can't drown in the ink. But the hand might hurt him itself." Bendy said, walking over to the inky river.
On the outside, the demon acted as if everything was under control, like he knew what he was doing. However, in reality he had no clue what that thing was.
The thought that it was stronger than him terrified him to the core, but he pretended and put a fake smile on. Just like how he used to for Joey.
This time was different though, this time it was for Henry. If it was for Henry, Bendy would do absolutely anything, no matter the cost. Even his life he would risk for the human.
If Henry wanted his friend back, then Bendy would stop at nothing to get the short musician back.
Bendy stared into the still ink river. Well, to the others it looked like that, but Bendy was born from ink, it was a part of him. He controlled it and felt through it like it was a sixth sense.
He could sense the giant hand in there, slowly strangling and crushing its prey just for fun. Bendy slipped into the ink river, completely submerging himself.
Henry and Norman stood at the edge of the dock, waiting with batted breath for anything to happen. It was still and silent for a while. Too silent.
      Henry felt himself about to have a mini heart attack. If Bendy never came up, he'd never forgive himself.
      Then, there was sudden large waves of ink splashing against the dock as movement was made in the inky river.
      Sammy was chucked onto the dock and instantly scrambled away from the ink river. He was back in his ink form and looked terrified.
      Norman ran up to him and engulfed the tiny man into a hug. "Thank god you're alright!" Norman huffed in relief, hugging Sammy so tightly the musician felt he might pop.
      "Where's Bendy?!" Henry demanded, worry practically radiating off of him.
      "I'm not sure. I couldn't see anything, it's not like water." Sammy responded. He rubbed at his neck and winced, it stung badly from being strangled to near death.
      There was a splash as something emerged from the ink river. Henry turned and saw Bendy walking from the shore and holding his arm weirdly.
      Henry rushed over and hugged him. "Are you hurt?! What happened?!" He asked in panic.
"Nah I'm fine. The giant hand is literally just a hand. It's either knocked out or dead, I don't really care." Bendy said with a shrug. The action made him hiss in pain and hold his shoulder.
      "Ah! You are hurt!" Henry pointed out. He went to go help Bendy, but the demon pulled away.
"No I'm not! I'm completely fine!" Bendy retorted. Henry crossed his arms and gave him a disbelieving look.
"Alright if you're in such tip-top shape, then why don't you lift both of your arms high up above your head." Henry challenged.
Bendy hesitated. "You can't make me do anything, and I'm not hurt at all." He said.
"Then do it. Either way I know you hurt yourself." Henry said.
Bendy sighed. "Fine. I hurt myself." He finally admitted.
      "Let's go back to the safe house and take care of you." Henry said, grabbing the demon's good hand and following after Norman and Sammy.
      When they got back, Sammy had a shower to get rid of all the ink on him. Henry had confirmed that Bendy broke his arm, and was securely wrapping it up in bandages.
      After Henry patted the demon on the head and told him he ha for wear the cast for a while, Bendy frowned.
      He turned away and grumbled to himself in despise of bandages and broken arms. "I didn't know toons could break their limbs." Norman said.
      The tall man was sitting on the floor with Sammy in his lap, wrapped up tight in his arms. "Well, we drew cartoons to be indestructible beings of destruction, yet in reality, nobody's like that." Henry explained.
      "He's just as emotionally unstable and breakable as the rest of us." He added. Bendy used his good arm and pushed Henry over.
      "Rude." He grinned. Henry laughed and sat down beside him.
      "I love you too, you big dumb demon." Henry said. "And now that you're hurt, I'm going to baby you." He grinned at the speed that Bendy's smile dropped.
      Oh, this would be so much fun.