You never helped me (Pt. 1)

A/N: what can I say? I'm a sucker for angst and comfort. :3

Hope you all enjoy!

*Warning*: Mentions of trauma and abuse. Viewer discretion is advised please!

It was supposed to be a regular day.

It was just supposed to be a calm, relaxing day with Seraphina, both of them finally back together and all this bullsh*t behind them.

But no.

Because whatever deity above seems to despise him to put him in this situation once more.

It had started off as just another day. It had been a couple weeks since he'd gotten back and after being away for a month, he was still trying to figure everything out, get back on his feet and whatnot.

He was in the middle of grabbing books from his locker when Vaughn had called him and the other royals (plus Isen) down to the main office.

He was baffled at first, trying to understand why the six of them were being called in but regardless, he shut his locker tightly before making his way down to the office.

By the time he got there, the others had already arrived, all pinning him with varying glances and glares save for Seraphina.

He could hear the silent question rolling in their minds and he couldn't blame them for thinking he had caused something again.

If he had been any of them, he would've thought the same thing, especially after all he's done. But that didn't stop a frown from lining his face.

However, once the door opened and they were called inside, John had stopped dead in his tracks, his blood going cold and every coherent thought seeming to halt.

Because there he was, the brick haired bastard himself, standing in the lobby of the main office with his hands in his pockets and that ever present sh*t-faced scowl.

John had wanted to run. Every last bit of his being wanted to flee and never come back. But something within his gut told him he needed to stay, that he had to hold his ground.

He was already weak in front of the man one too many times and he refused to show weakness to him while others were present.

So, with a quick shake of his head and realigning his thoughts, he plastered on his best poker face and trailed in behind the others before closing the door as he was requested to do.

It was quite the odd sight. Here he was with the others in the lobby of the main office, Keon standing before them with his hands in his pockets. Their gazes met and John was glad he was standing in the back of their small grouping so no one could see the tremble of his hands.

"Good afternoon." The man had started off. "My name is Keon. I'm here on behalf of the authorities to ask you all some questions regarding some rumors we've been told about you and the school."

John had eyed everyone in the room, watching their reactions. All of them varied with Arlo being the calmest to Isen turning white as a sheet.

"This will be considered an official interrogation and I am permitted to use my ability should any of you be found lying." Keon had shifted and John could see Nadia behind him, Vaughn standing at the door of the office with a annoyed looked directed at the cop.

Seems like he didn't want the man to be here as much as John did.

But Keon's words quickly caught up to John and the teen practically felt his heart drop to his toes.