xxxviii

☠✍

☠✍

"Retrieving Wall Maria? Well, that's expected especially from you." Y/N sat from across Erwin's table crossed arms. "Why can't I just not be separated from my brother?"

"The enemy wants you. I don't know anyone else why. Since Reiner and Berthold kidnapped you as well. If you and Eren ended up together in the mission it would easily be a good advantage to them." Erwin explained as Y/N sighed.

"I guess that's true." Y/N looked at Erwin with realisation. "By the way... When Levi told me you're going to upgrade my rank, is it true?"

Erwin became silent and gazed at Y/N giving a small smile.

"What if I say yes?"

"Then I'll assign you to lead your squad." Y/N felt dumbfounded knowing the pressure of leading a squad of her own.

Y/N then remembered the former Levi squad. She gulped anxiously frowning. She knew what will happen in the future.

Erwin Smith took notice of Y/N's sudden bitter look. He knew what Y/N was thinking and sighed.

"So Y/N Yeager... What's your answer?" Erwin asked.

__________________________

"So... How was it?" Levi asked Y/N who had left Erwin's office.

"It was fine. I got my new rank."

"You look calm for someone who just got promoted faster than you're friends," Y/N answered Levi's statement with a small chuckle taking his hands as they started walking away.

"I'm always calm," Y/N stated. "I bet only a few people know about this"

"Words pass fast, darling. Especially to your fans."

"I bet the rest knows already."

The two arrived at Y/N's room stopping in front of her door.

"Are you sure you don't want to help Historia's orphanage? Knowing you, I bet you would like to go." Y/N asked the Lance Corporal letting go of his hand and turning the doorknob.

"I would like to go and see you handle a bunch of kids but paperwork waits for me every day." Levi placed a hand on Y/N's head softly paying her. "I'm sure you can handle it well. Sorry I can't come with you, Darling."

"It's okay. Let's visit the orphanage next time together."

_____________________________

"It's been a while since I have worn such casual clothes." Y/N twirled around looking at the clothes.

Last time, she wore casual clothes back after her, Eren, Mikasa and Armin graduated from the training corps.