chapter 44

At first glance, Nabu Island could be referred to as paradise. With the green mountains, blue skies, and clear waters, it was a vacation spot. Too bad they weren't here on vacation. The moment the ferry arrived at the port of the island, the folk there were already welcoming the young heroes with open hands, rapidly talking about protocols and how everything would work.

Since there was no Aizawa or hero in sight, the closest thing to authority was the class president and vice president. Those two were quick to shout commands, leading the class towards the special building that would serve as their living headquarters and where they would be operating. There was little to no time to settle in, phone calls coming in with emergencies and situations that needed to be resolved.

In batches, heroes ventured out into the island, helping wherever they could. Todoroki continued to produce ice for any shop that required it, Sero used his tape to make a warning sign, and even Kaminari was able to help restart a tractor.

Overall, things were looking peaceful. It was a good thing that the island was small, with not that many residents to worry about and no villains at all.

Sure, Bakugo had hoped to fight a villain or something, the itch to win a match was strong. But he knew it was a good thing that there was no danger, after all, no hero wanted danger.

The little drones set up buzzed around various members from class, following them as they did their tasks while people watched from behind their screens. Those tuning in would gush over how strong Uraraka was and how cool it was that she managed to clear away fallen debris like that. Even a couple of fangirls were freaking out over Midoriya and how cute he looked in his hero costume, but questions were popping up all over the internet.

And they all asked the same thing: where was Japan's Sweetheart?

They wanted to see you in action, see the type of things you can do with your quirk. Some wanted to see the romance between you and Bakugo, see if it was real or just a ruse. But to their disappointment, you were nowhere to be seen.

"C'mon Bakugo, stop sulking. Let's go help at the beach!" Kirishima said brightly, trying to convince the boy to leave the building. But Bakugo didn't move from his position, choosing to lay on the floor and read the random magazine he happened to stumble upon. Everybody had left to do something at least once today. Has Bakugo? Nope. He was refusing to move, claiming that everybody else can handle it without him.

"There's a missing kid, who's up for it?" Jirou called out, twirling an earphone jack around her finger, getting excited replies from a couple of peers.

"See! Doesn't that sound interesting Bakugo?"

"Hell no." He deadpanned, not even sparing the boy a look. Bakugo was content with remaining in the air-conditioned room, away from the cameras that roamed around. No way in hell was he going to willingly step outside to be watched 24/7. At least, not until you returned.

Kirishima sighed, "Fine then." He left with Ojiro, going to the beach to try and be helpful. There was no point in arguing with the stubborn boy, he'd just wait for you to arrive and drag him out.

The atmosphere was positive, everybody was friendly on the island, each was excited to be a part of the U.A broadcast. What they didn't expect was for things to change too quickly.

From the beach, they watched as a ship moved forward and crashed against the port at the island, completely disregarding the warning shouts from the locals. The noise was heard, the crash echoing across the beach as nearby heroes moved forward to try and help with the destruction. However, they were quickly outnumbered as a large man stepped on the shore, bearing the face of a wolf.