{14}- Crusch Karsten | Subjugation Alliance

Edit: The Wattpad system says this book is close to fulfilling the criteria for Wattys 2021! I'm glad to hear that but I won't submit this for entering this year as one of the criteria is for this to be complete. This will not be complete in a while, at least until I cover the current events of Arc 7. It won't end until Re:Zero ends, and might even go on after that unless I make a separate book. Just a note! ;)

Oh ya and check this out. https://www.wattpad.com/user/CDS0407/conversations

"I will say it again." Subaru declared as we were situated in the office of the mansion of Crusch Karsten, where the White Whale Subjugation plan begins. "An alliance between the Emilia and Crusch camps, on equal terms. For this purpose, I'll provide the time and place of the White Whale's next appearance."

"The White Whale?" Wilhelm asked, an intimidating aura emitting from him. Both Subaru and Rem were taken aback a little by his sudden fury, but I understood full well of this situation. Anyone has the right to be angry at a beast who killed their lover.

Wilhelm eventually calmed down and apologized, and Subaru shot me a look. I nodded to him as I told him about Wilhelm's hate for the Great Mabeast and he seemed to understand.

"And? It is rather sudden that you would bring up the White Whale." Crusch asked Subaru, a little surprised.

"Not at all." Subaru replied. "At the beginning of this negotiation, I mentioned the magic stones found in Roswaal's domain, the Elior Forest. If sharing mining rights is insufficient, then I have to offer something additional."

"Crusch-san, I'm very sure that my information will aid you in your plan to subjugate the White Whale." Subaru continued.

"Let me ask you one thing, Natsuki Subaru. What gave you that idea?" Crusch said seriously. "That remark was not something one can pass off as a baseless accusation."

"For the past days, a few things have bothered me." Subaru said, continuing the plan. "First, the increase in traffic coming in and from your mansion. It has been a little too excessive. Also, in the capital, I heard you were purchasing weapons and armor. Plus, I heard on the way here: 'Should Crusch-sama's goal be fulfilled, I'm sure it'll suit your desires as well, Wilhelm-dono.' You appeared to be planning something big. Of course, I can't prove it. Maybe it's only because that I know that the White Whale will be soon appearing did I then make that connection."

"And on what grounds do you know that the White Whale will appear?"

Subaru took out his flip phone triumphantly, and placed it on the table as if it was divine. Now that is overdramatic. "This is what you would call a metia. It tells me the location and time of the White Whale's next appearance." Crusch then examines Subaru's flip phone, and seeing that she could not do much to decipher its abilities, she put it back on the table.

"I find this a bit hard to believe, but I can see that you're not lying."

"Is this perhaps... due to your Divine Protection?" Subaru asked her, and she nodded.

"I'm surprised you knew. When a person lies, a telling wind surrounds them. You did not have that wind."

"Does that mean, you will agree to our alliance?"

"You're getting ahead of yourself, Natsuki Subaru. Whether I agree or believe you are two different matters. This is a decision that affects the entire situation of this kingdom." Crusch stated, and Subaru was forced into a temporary stalemate.

"You mind if I listen in on this conversation, too?" A voice sounded from beyond the door, and I knew all too well who it was. The short purple-haired beauty came in with a blonde man behind her, and Crusch was surprised at their appearance."