SEVEN

"You are right, the poison is getting worse," Doc sighs as he removes his sterilized gloves.

"How's the progress on the cure?" Damien voice spoke from my phone which was on the speaker.

"The progress is speeding up thanks to River's assistance, but I am not sure if we can finish it fast," he answers.

"I mean, we could get River to work on it faster if we told it was for Jas" Doc suggested.

"No! I am not going to destroy my brother's health for my cure," I said in commanding tone.

"Fine," Doc huffs defeated.

"Anyways, the patient you brought over is recovering faster than expected. He should be awake soon," Doc informs Damien.

"Get Jasmine to meet him if I am busy" Damien replied in a relaxed tone.

I walk over to Papa and Dad's room. I stand at the door as I watch everyone laughing and smiling at something. I smile at the scene; I pray that they will not lose their smiles if something happens to me. I want them to always be happy and stay together.

"What are you thinking about?" Adrian asks as he put his arm around my shoulder, placing a kiss on the side of my head.

"I want them to stay happily and together like that forever. Adrian, promise me that you will help them recover if something happens to me" I look at my best friend with tears in my eyes.

"I promise you. I am sure Dad will finish the cure soon. You will be fine" he comforts me.

"What are you both doing standing there?" Papa calls out looking at me with concern. I turn to my side and discreetly wipe off my tears. I plaster a big smile and skip into the room.

"Adrian was bullying me. He wants me to finish all the designs by tonight," I whine as I jump into papa's arms cuddling with him.

Adrian stares at me with his mouth wide open.

"How could you?! Can't you see how tired she is? Are you trying to kill my daughter?" Papa fumes.

"Adrian, do you need me to find someone to replace you?" Dad threatens him.

Making me to chuckle.

"She is lying to you all. She has two more weeks to complete but she finished it last night and submitted to me just now" Adrian vents out.

"Why did you lie?" Papa looks at me softly.

"I just missed you protecting me I guess," I shrug as he tightens his hug. I soaked in the warmth. I feel safe in his arms.

"Jasmine, I need your help with something," Doc calls out from the door. I nod and walk towards him waving at everyone.

"The patient is awake. Damien asked you to talk to him first" Doc informs me as we walk down the hall. He stops in front of a door, gesturing me to enter.

Inside the room there was only one bed. A man was sitting on the bed staring out the window with a confused look.

"Hi," I called out, letting him know of my presence. Not seeming surprised of my presence, he turns to look at me slowly.

Looking at him, I stop in my steps.

I was shocked. Now I know why Damien wanted me to meet him first.

"PAPA!" I jump into his arms sobbing.

"Jasmine?" he asks softly as he strokes my hair with affection.

"I missed you so much Papa. I thought you died" I sobbed.

"I am sorry baby. I thought I died too. What about Mama?" he asks me.