Chapter 11

Amado Genji chose Namae to report first. He wanted to see what she got.

Namae then started her presentation.

Nakamura Kai observed Namae's report. He was waiting for her to make a mistake but ended up failing.

'She's a good one huh.' Kai thought. Kai stared at her face the whole time while she was reporting.

Unlike from the banquet before, her face shone brighter right now.

He was sure that her presence was like that of an invisible character but here she is right now. Standing in front of him in a confident appearance.

More than that... She looked really beautiful even though the lights were off.

'No. Kana is more dazzling than her. Just a bit more and Kana will come to me later.' He denied it.

Yes, denial is the first step in accepting someone in your life. And Kai is slowly doing it now.

"And I conclude my report." Namae was finally finished.

"Thank you Ms. Sei." Genji smiled at her.

'Huh? Did he just smile? Him? At me?'

"Then next is Ito Kana."

Kana confidently prepared herself for this. She started presenting her new ideas, suggestions and provided information about her theme.

Her report was really good.

Namae glanced at Nobara and signaled her to start the show.

The show of betrayal.

'Am I really a mob character or a villainess?' Namae laughed in her thought.

"Excuse me." Nobara voiced out.

'Here we go.'

"Yes? Is there something wrong?" Genji glared at Nobara.

Nobara flinched when she saw Genji's glaring eyes. He really was overwhelming.

Namae took a quick glance at Kai and the two met each other's gaze on thin air.

"Ito-san- She stole my work."

"What?" Kana's voice shook.

"Her report... It was all mine. She stole my ideas and presentation." Nobara drooped her head.

Everyone inside the room was shocked at the said revelation. Namae looked at Genji and he seemed pissed.

"Do you have proof?" Genji uttered.

"I have a witness. Sei-san.. please tell them what you saw."

When Nobara mentioned my name, Kana's eyes widened.

"Why are you dragging Namae-san at this-?"

"I saw her. I saw Ito Kana steal Nobara-san's work. She took Nobara-san's files from her table earlier." Namae said nonchalantly.

"Namae-san?!" Kana's eyes flowed out tears of distress.

'Are you watching this Nakamura Kai? Happy?' She stared at him.

Kai grinned and Namae took it as a confirmation.

Namae doesn't want to die that quickly. And she also wants to have that money so it's also a win for her.

"Alright enough. We'll postpone the meeting right now. I'll get through the bottom of this. All of you may leave." Genji announced.

All the employees inside left the room after.

Nakamura Kai stood up from his seat and looked at Genji.

"..."

"Pft- That was quite the show Genji." He laughed.

"I know. I never thought that Sei Namae would actually do as you say. She's really a peculiar one." Genji adjusted his glasses as he formed a smirk.

Nakamura came to Genji's company for one purpose. That is to see the show of course. Genji participated in his foolish game since he was also bored. They really are psychos.

"So Kana's mine okay? Leave her alone." Kai concluded.

"Do as you please. I'm more interested at something else right now." Genji grinned. 'Sei Namae is really making my curiosity grow. I wonder how far she'll go for the sake of money?'

"I'll leave first." Kai walked out of the room.

...

After Kai finished watching the show, he wanted to see Kana straightaway. He wanted to comfort her and get her to slowly open up to him.

But he saw Namae first.

Namae was talking to Nobara.

'Isn't that the woman I paid some time ago?' Kai thought as he saw Nobara.

"Hahahahaha!" Namae suddenly started laughing at some point.

Other employees were freaked out by her maniacal laugh but believe it or not, what Kai heard was totally different from them.

Hearing her laugh was like hearing an innocent child's laugh. It was pleasing to hear. Even her laughing face was something to look at. It was... cute.

It was the first time he saw someone laughing wholeheartedly like that.

Namae noticed Kai staring at her.

Nobara and her were just talking about the thing they did earlier. Namae couldn't believe that they just did that so she started laughing.

It was a pure laugh. Not a forced one.

Maybe that's why Kai found it pleasing to hear.

"I'll go first Nobara-san."

"Alright."

Namae walked towards the frozen Kai who was staring at her.

"Hello. Did I do well on the show?" Namae smiled.

She was excited ro receive that one million soon. She felt over the moon right now.

Kai didn't answer but he just kept staring at her.

'Did she just smile?' Kai surprisingly found her smile dazzling. Even more dazzling than Kana's smile at the night of the banquet.

Kai returned to reality when he tried to compare Kana and Namae. Maybe he was out of his mind.

Namae was weirded out by his stare. Is there a poop on her face or something?

Namae tiptoed and leaned beside his ear. She whispered,

"I expect a million yen on my bank account later. Here's my card number." Namae put the card number on his pocket.

Namae smiled at him once again and bowed. She walked passed by him and started humming a happy tone.

'What was that? Her voice... sounded seductive.'

"!!!"

This time, Kai realized that he was really out of it. Maybe he was possessed by something just now.

His feelings and thoughts were contradicting to each other.

'I should take a rest.' He started walking.

Originally, he was supposed to be looking for Kana right now.

But all of that changed because of Namae.

...

"Namae-san."

'Holy crap I forgot about this matter.'

When Namae returned to her desk, Kana was glaring at her with red eyes. Probably from crying.

"Why did you do that?"