XXXI.

Chapter Thirty One.

Monday.

Thanksgiving break was over, and it was back to the regularly scheduled routine. Since it was Monday, everybody was sluggish and not in the mood to be at school at all. The students so desperately wished that the break could've lasted longer. It was now midterms time, which brung a lot of unnecessary stress.

Xavia sat in her senior seminar class, bored to death. To sum it up, senior seminar was a course strictly for twelfth grade students. It taught them everything about college — how to apply for financial aid, how to fill out college applications, how to make a college wishlist, research, essay preparations, etc. Xavi had recently been contemplating on giving college a chance, even though she had said that she wasn't going. Her teacher told her that it wouldn't hurt to apply to a few institutions, even if they were community colleges. Xavia's gpa was a 3.7 and her ACT score was a 22, so she doubted very seriously that the schools would deny her admission.

While she played around with the mouse that was on her computer screen, Xavia felt herself having to pee. After drinking a large cup of coffee this morning before coming to school, that was bound to happen. She raised her hand, waiting to be acknowledged.

"What can I do for you, Ms.Bishop?" Her teacher Ms.Brett asked, looking over at her.

"Can I use the restroom, please?"

"Yes, you can. Be sure to grab the hall pass on your way out."

Xavi nodded, and stood up from her seat. She then went to the back of the class and grabbed the hall pass off of a hook that was on the wall, before leaving the room.

She hummed to herself as she walked down the long hallway. When she got to the bathroom, she opened the door and saw that it was empty. Going to the first stall, Xavia went in then shut and locked the stall door. While she was doing her business, she pulled out her phone.

Going on Instagram, she clicked on somebody's story to see a fight had broken out between a football player and a theater kid at first lunch.

"Damn, I wish I had that lunch!" She said quietly to herself as she saw the guys punching each other.

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened and she heard voices. One of the voices she could point out almost instantly. It was Hailey.

Xavia put her phone back in the pocket of her jacket, before wiping and flushing. She unlocked the door, and exited the stall. When she did, Hailey and the two other girls paused their conversation and looked at her.

Xavi looked at them, before walking over to the sink so that she could wash her hands. She didn't know what they were staring her down for, but she'd greatly appreciate if she could get her face back.

"Mind if we talk for a second?" Hailey appeared behind Xavia in the mirror as she pumped soap into her hands and began washing them.

Xavi raised a brow, before continuing to wash her hands. She then shut the water off and grabbed a few brown paper towels out of the dispenser to dry her hands.

"What's up? I need to get back to class." She said to Hailey, now turning around to face her directly.

"Look, I get that you and Zealand were friends before he and I started dating, but I need you to distance yourself from him. Y'all are a little too close for my liking. I'm in the picture now, so you need to respect that I'm his girlfriend. Are we clear on that?"

Xavia chuckled, before placing her hands on her hips. "Are you serious right now?"

"Does it look like I'm joking?" Hailey questioned, looking her up and down.