Different facade N.R

I believe people have different personalities that they choose to display at different times. Sometimes it's often to protect themselves or to put up a brave front for others to see. The most common reason is to prevent people from thinking that they are weak, useless and unworthy of their attention. Sometimes it can be for a good cause such as to prevent people from taking advantage of you or messing around with you.

At times I would put up a brave front even though I was shitting inside. Some missions can be dangerous and scary and there is a risk that I may lose my life on that mission. Natasha being the protective girlfriend that she is, always tries to stop me from going on such missions. But I know that if I didn't, she would have to go. The world would lose their hero. Before any mission, I would always reassure her that I'll be fine and I can handle myself and come home safe. It breaks my heart to leave her alone worrying about me, but I'm determined to do my job. Somehow I always get braver when there's someone next to me (usually Nat). Even though they are not doing anything.

At times I would be a bit sly and cunning to get what I want. Be it from Natasha or the guys I'm interrogating. I would do all sorts of pranks to get her attention and honestly she should get an award for putting up with all my stunts. Even Tony is getting tired of it. Sometimes I would manipulate her to walk in a certain direction and ask her to get things for me just because I didn't want to walk. I swear she figured out my tricks but continues to do it anyway. Empty promises are what I give to people who I interrogate for information. Hope is what these people need and it's what I make use of.

I try to learn all sorts of things. Ranging from bow and arrow, guns, coding, hacking, science. I try to learn bits and pieces of them. My favourite is learning from Natasha how to create an emergency communication device with scrap metals and wires. Sometimes, with a fresh brain, I manage to pitch in some new ideas to Tony and Bruce. Even when coming up with a plan of attack, I try to think out of the box and present my idea to Steve. Whenever I do such acts, Natasha always tells me how proud she is with my interaction and it just makes me happy and motivated to do more.

I always take pride in my work and submit my mission report on time. I'm always there for others and often put others before me. Natasha has to remind me to relax sometimes and it's okay to say what you want or don't want. Natasha may have had a stressful and bad day where she may lash out but I always let her have her space. It may take a day or two but I am always willing to wait for her. I look forward to the time when she calms down and starts giving me attention, being cuddly and sweet again.

There are times to put on a different facade as long as it does you well and helps you achieve your goals.

Written on 11/9/2021
Posted on 29/9/2021

Inspired by Harry Potter's different houses (Griffyndor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff).

Slightly different chapter this time.