Chapter-62

Hey guys,
It's been long since I last updated, I was stuck with something, Don't worry I will be updating everything. If possible today itself.

"please let her be okay, please..... Please"

"Don't take her away from us"

"Callie, please be okay"

"Please, god"

Outside the operation room, it was silent, no one dared to speak in the fear of breaking down, they don't know how long they can stay like this or put this facade, because their will is crumbling down as the time passes.

It's been 2 hours since Callie is taken inside, doctors are inside doing their best. Victor hadn't uttered a word, he is sitting frozen in the spot, his hands covered with her blood. Diego is staring at the floor for the past hour, his nails digging into his skin as if he is controlling his urge to burst out. Edward is trying his best to stay strong for his brothers, Xander and Damien went hysterical when doctors told that Callie's condition is serious, their eyes are red from crying.

Nicholas is seated beside Edward, all he can feel is the guilty and pain, guilt for not able to protect his sister, and pain because she is fighting for her life inside. He can't even think what Callie's brothers must be feeling.

Six of them rose to their feet the moment Nurse stepped out of the room

"Sister" Edward spoke, his voice trembling

"Mr Blackthorn, she lost a lot of blood and her body is very weak from the injuries, we are trying our best" the sister, replied gently

Faint sobs could be heard, it was coming from Xander.

"It's all my fault, its all my fault" he whispered tears flowing from his eyes, Digeo know that his brother must be blaming himself for not able to protect Callie. He is angry at himself, he silently wrapped his hands around Xander's shoulder, only before breaking into tears himself.

"Your sister is a very strong girl, she will be fine" Nicholas spoke

"Brave and headstrong and stubborn and stupid." Diego spoke, his voice cracking at the end.

'You can't leave us Callie, you can't' Victor whispered in his head.

When the doctor stepped out of the room after half an hour, Xander rushed to the doctor as if his life depended on it.

"How's my sister doing doctor" Victor asked or more like whispered.

"She is fine now Mr Blackthorn, nothing to worry about, your sister is a fighter, it will take two or three weeks for her to heal perfectly, but she is a strong and healthy girl, so nothing to worry about" doctor reassured, making other breath in relief.

"Can we meet her" victor asked, tears flowing through his eyes.

"Yes.."

Before the doctor could complete, he rushed inside, Edward thanked the doctor wholeheartedly.

"Thank you so much doctor"

"It's my duty, Mr Blackthorn"

"You don't know, you gave us our happiness, our everything" he whispered, teary eyed.

Others rushed inside to find, Callie laying in the bed unconscious, she had Oxygen mask attached to her mouth, she was looking very pale and weak with all the bandages on her head and body.

No words left their mouth, they were frozen in place. Tears were steaming down victors face as he watched his sister. Damien covered his mouth stopping himself from crying.

"Why is she still unconscious?" Diego asked worried

"She had a major contusion to her head, I believe it's from hitting her head somewhere harshly, But her brain activity is normal, and thankfully she has no swelling. She'll wake when she's ready. Just give her some time" doctor replied

None of them don't know how to feel, it's was like they got their breath back, they could feel tears streaming from their eyes.

It's been two days, Callie is still unconscious, none of her brothers left her side, it took Persistent effort from Nicholas to make them rest and go home to freshen up. Its like Nicholas had become a dad to them, Nicholas is one year older than Victor and he really used 'I am older than you' card on the other these past days. He made sure that everyone is eating on time and monitored their action. He grew closer to Blackthorn siblings these days, and they welcomed him into their life without questioning, Nicholas told them everything that happened, how he met Eva, how he helped her getting fake passport, whatever he knew about her.

Nicholas might have gained a new family for himself.

Blood makes you related, but loyalty makes you family.

Victor promised himself that, when callie woke up, there will be nothing for her to worry about, he took it as his mission to wipeout knights. He and Diego with the help of Nicholas tracked and burned down the knight empire, they attacked knights hideouts, killed their mens.

What's more heartbreaking to them was, when they found more about Knight Academy, which is an absolute hell. The children's trapped there are sent to various rehabilitation centres, where they are taken care of, because most of them suffer from depression, anxiety, and have suicidal thoughts.

Victor's heart broke into million pieces, realising what callie must have gone through, he now understand the reason behind Eva's vengeance, anger and hate.

Everything was black, she felt numb, she couldn't move.

She want feeling anything with complete darkness surrounding her, lulling her to sleep.

She wanted to stay like this, away from reality, away from pain.

But,

She could hear faint whispers.

'Callie, please wake up'

'Callie, you will be perfectly fine, we can visit a lot of places like you always wanted, we can have lot of ice creams, plays video games, please open your eyes'

'Callie, I know you will be fine, aren't you strong'

'I promise you that, I won't let anything happen to you'

She recognised those voices, those voices which belonged to her brothers, she heard them talk to her, asking her to come back, but always darkness surrounds her before she can react.

She wanted to tell them everything, everything she felt, she wanted to scream, hit someone, but she couldn't, she couldn't even move a finger. She don't know how much time passed like this.

May be she will be forever lost in this darkness.