Chapter 39

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!
And Summer is not with Tristan for all the lazy people who won't be reading the author's note, jk jk ur not lazy babe <3
Summer is with Xavier and if you want to re-read that part, it's chapter 35 and 36.
Sorry for the rant, I love you and enjoy! And thanks for still clicking on the update notification thing...

ENJOY!

I try to follow Aiden's instructions the best I can but it's hard

I try to follow Aiden's instructions the best I can but it's hard. The thought of something bad happening, to either one of us, makes my head pound in anticipation. "A Cadillac Escalade will pull up between you and the BMW, another one will come up in front of you. I want you to follow it. It'll keep you safe for me until I get to you." He speaks firmly but takes a softer edge at the end.

"Okay," I respond and shift my eyes from the road to the mirror. They're even closer than before. How will a car even fit between? My question is answered when an Escalade appears from around a corner with high speed. One turn of the wheel is everything the professional appeared driver needs to replace the BMW's place.

"It's behind me," I inform Aiden. I hear a car door slam closed and his voice giving out orders in Italian. "The Escalade will pull up in front of you in four seconds, I want you to follow it." He informs, before conversing with someone, I suppose next to him.

A loud honk from the Escalade has the SUV drivers attention. The car distractedly slows down, allowing the Escalade to appear in front of me unnoticed, four seconds later. "Aiden it's in front of me," I sigh, a weight lifting off my chest. That was easier than I thought.

My mind betrays me the moment the black car comes into my peripheral vision once more. Turning my head to the side, I notice mere inches keeping us from crushing into one another. My heart rate accelerates for the millionth time the past twenty minutes, when the windows roll down. Masked men pull guns out, targeting me and Aiden's car.

"Don't get out of the fucking car and stay low!" Aiden orders me, panic apparent in his voice. The Escalade takes a sharp turn, leading all of us into a large alleyway, surrounded by dark red brick buildings.

"Aide-"His driver slams on the breaks making me do the same. The seatbelt prevents me from colliding with the dashboard. "Take your seatbelt off and bend over in your seat! Keep your body covered!" It takes a minute to realise what's going on. I stay frozen in my seat as I watch strangers jump out of both cars and fall into positions.

My body obeys his command when a bullet is fired. With panicked movements, I pull the seatbelt off of me and almost swing myself down. My phone falls under my seat at the abrupt movement, I ignore it and grip onto the end of the steering wheel.

My heart beats out of my chest as the guns start firing one after the other.

What if I die and never see Aiden again?