chapter 40

At the end of my class, I make my way to the Divination classroom, hoping to see professor Trelawney. I find her in her classroom cleaning up.

"Um, professor?" I call, making her turn to me.

"Oh, yes dear?" she asks.

"I heard you're really good at seeing the future. Would you be able to see mine?" I ask.

She takes my hand and runs her fingers around my palm, but looks at me sadly, smiling weakly.

"Darling, you are very noble, but I'm sorry"

"What? What do you see?" I ask.

"Something best left in the future" Trelawney says.

I nod confusingly, but leave the room, catching up with the trio.

"You don't think that Grim thing's got anything to do with Sirius Black, do you?" Ron asks.

"What's the Grim?" I ask.

"An omen of death" Ron says.

"Let me guess, Harry got it" I say and he nods his head.

"Oh, honestly Ron. If you ask me, Divination's a very woolly discipline. Now, Ancient Runes, that's a fascinating subject"

"Ancient Runes? Exactly how many classes are you taking this term?" Ron asks.

"A fair few" Hermione says.

"Hang on" Ron stops, all of us stopping and turning to him "That's not possible. Ancient Runes is the same time as Divination. You have to be in 2 classes at once"

"Don't be silly, Ronald. How could anyone be in 2 classes at once? 'Broaden your minds. Use your Inner Eye to see the future'" Hermione mocks, laughing.

Once we get to Hagrid's hut, we see our class already there.

"That's it. Come on, now. Come closer. Less talking, if you don't mind" Hagrid says as he tries getting the class together "I got a real treat for you, today. A great lesson. So, follow me"

Hagrid leads us into the forest, and stops. He turns to us.

"Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there. And open your books to page 49"

"Exactly how do we do that?" Draco asks in a rude kind of tone.

"Well, just stroke the spine, of course. Goodness me" Hagrid says.

I stroke the spine of my book, then take off the belt that keeps it closed.

"Don't be such a wimp, Longbottom" I hear Draco say, so I turn in that direction.

Neville is getting eaten by his book.

"I'm okay. Okay" Neville says.

"Don't be so rude" I say to Draco, going to Neville.

"Ooh, got a little crush, have you?" Draco asks, smirking.

"He's my friend. No offense, Neville" I say.

"None taken" he says as I stroke the spine of his book, then help him up.

"I think they're funny" Hermione says as I go to her and the other 2.

"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny. Really witty. God, this place had gone to the dogs. Wait until my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes" Draco says, Crabbe and Goyle laughing along.

"Shut up, Malfoy" Harry says as he confidently struts to him.

Draco and his 'gang' do a little owl hoot before he gives his bag to Crabbe, then struts to Harry, looking him up and down and biting his lip. He then looks up and starts backing away, pointing to the sky.