𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 6࿐⋆almost killing the ferret⋆

❝Not to mention the pincers

❝Not to mention the pincers.❞

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧

Harry and Y/N turned up at the Great Hall for lunch just as the sixth years who went to Hogsmeade returned to the castle.

"I did it- well, kind of!" Ron told Harry and Y/N enthusiastically when he caught sight of them. "I was supposed to be Apparating to outside Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop and I overshot it a bit, ended up near Scrivenshaft's, but at least I moved!"

"Good," said Harry. "How'd you do, Hermione?"

"Oh, she was perfect, obviously," said Ron, before Hermione could answer. "Perfect deliberation, divination, and desperation or whatever the hell it is- we all went for a quick drink in the Three Broomsticks after and you should've heard Twycross going on about her- I'll be surprised if he doesn't pop the question soon-"

"And what about you two?" asked Hermione, ignoring Ron. "What were you both doing in our absence?"

"We went to the Black Lake."

"We went to the Astronomy Tower."

Harry and Y/N looked at each other nervously.

"Yeah, we went to the Astronomy Tower."

"Yeah, we went to the Black Lake."

Ron and Hermione narrowed their eyes as Y/N glared sharply at Harry. They really should've agreed on an excuse together beforehand; it was too risky to decide on something now.

"Well- we went to the Astronomy Tower first," said Y/N, clearing her throat. "Then. . . you know. . . we went to the Black Lake, you know. . ."

She glanced up at Harry, who was smirking down at his plate, using his thumb to wipe the corner of his lips.

"Why do you both have the top buttons of your robes closed?" said Hermione. "You never do that."

Y/N's hands immediately went up to her neck, pressing down on her robes to make sure they were hiding the bloody hickeys on her neck and chest, thanks to Harry James Potter.

"It's cold," said Y/N, looking away.

"But why do-"

"Cut it out, Hermione," said Harry suddenly. "Tell us about your Apparition practice."

Ron had already gone back to his lunch but Hermione continued to look suspicious, and Harry was most relieved when a voice behind them called, "Harry! Y/N!" giving him and Y/N an excuse to turn their backs on her.

"Oh, hi, Luna."

"I went to the Gryffindor Tower to find you," said Luna, rummaging in her bag. "But they said you'd left. . ."

She thrust what appeared to be a green onion, a large spotted toadstool, and a considerable amount of what looked like cat litter into Ron's hands, finally pulling out a rather grubby scroll of parchment that she handed to Harry.