|26|

- Lucifer - 

Me being me, I'm obviously wary of this new chick who's all of a sudden become best friends with my baby. It was so out of the blue that I can't help but be suspicious of her. I set myself a mental reminder to do a background check on her to make sure she's got a clean record. Even if she does I'll still be careful. 

I have to admit though, it was nice seeing Delilah smiling and all excited about her new friend. 

As much as I prefer keeping her all to myself, I appreciate that someone else can make her happy, not as good as me though of course. 

I didn't really pay attention to their conversation, just sitting down in front of the pair, with Delilah's hand in mine as I scrolled through my phone, looking up every few minutes or so to make sure everything is okay. Other than that, I gave them their privacy. 

Until I got a message from Dante. 

|Boss|

Come to the warehouse.

Bring Dior with you.

I sighed quietly, knowing exactly why he wanted us at the warehouse. 

We're going to go see Delilah's mother. 

Now, if it was up to me, this wouldn't happen. Not in a million years. But Dior said she wants to see her, and whatever Dior wants, I'd give it to her in a heartbeat no matter what it is.

Spoiled little thing

"Everything okay, Luci?"

She asked, pushing her seat closer to mine, clearly noticing my sudden anxiousness and the tightened grip on her dainty, little hand. I look up from my phone, making direct eye contact before speaking up. 

"We gotta go."

Her eyebrows furrowed, a disappointed look taking over her features, but she nodded nevertheless, looking back at her new friend. 

"I'm sorry, I'll see you soon though, r-right?"

"Of course babe! You have my number, text me," the girl replied cheerfully, making Delilah smile and sigh a breath of relief. 

Bless her, she was worried about her new friend getting mad at her

They exchanged a quick hug before Delilah attached herself to my side, holding my arm in her hands again, though her fingers couldn't quite wrap around my bicep completely. 

"Why are we leaving?"

"We're going to see your mother."

"Oh..."

Her voice turned quiet after I said that, worrying me. 

"We don't have to if you don't want to, love."

"No no, I-I want to. But you'll hold my hand the whole time, won't y-you?"

 I smiled down at her.

"Course I will," I cooed at her, opening my car door for her. She gave me a quick peck on the chin, mumbling a soft 'thank you' before settling down in the passenger seat. I sat down shortly after but before I started driving she stopped me. 

"Wait! Can we go home first, really quick?"

"Why?"

"I need to change."

"Why?"

"My outfit is too cute to wear at the warehouse," she said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, and she's right.