Chapter 28

A/N

I skip the Razor story part because why not. Let's just said they help Razor before they left Mondstadt.

On to the story owo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boboiboy POV

  We now arrive at Liyue, known as the City of Contract. At least that's what the book said. We stop at the Liyue Harbor after a very long walk." If you wanna find the Geo Archon, this is the only chance you'll get all year," Paimon spoke." Guess it's a great thing Venti brought it up earlier, otherwise, we definitely would've missed this year's Rite of Descension,".

   " Rite of Descension?" I ask myself. The book didn't say specific things about it, so for now I have to rely on Paimon." When will it be hold, Paimon?" I ask her, she immediately touches her head."Uhh... might be today, might also be tomorrow... Look, we're already in Liyue so let's ask some of the locals,".

  " Oh, right. About the Geo Archon, " Morax"...Did you know? The Mora that we use is named after this god," Paimon said. I look at her and raised my eyebrow with a face ' Yeah I can see that—'." But it's seen as impolite for people from outside Liyue to refer to the Geo Archon by that name. So we should refer to the Geo Archon by the name Rex Lapis, like the people of Liyue do,".

   Rex Lapis? Morax? Seriously, whoever this dude is, he sure has a lot of names. We walk around to find locals and we did, a woman name Linlang." Rite of Descension... Oh yeah, that reminds me, isn't that today? Once a year, Rex Lapis bestows upon us his divine prediction, guiding us on how to run Liyue for the coming year,".

  After a few talks, we learn about Liyue Qixing and other important stuff. Honestly, that woman even said something about Mondstadt god has gone, and so on. I just hear them with a disgusted face looked at her." What is wrong with people here?? If you ask me, my religious history is more interesting than yours. " I thought.

  We walk around to talk to more locals for more info. One of the locals told us that the Rite of Descension is held at Yujing Terrance, so we head straight there afterward.

  " Oh, you also want a little adepti luck too? Haha, seems you know a lot! Making a wish during this time is sure to get you the blessings of both the Adepti and Rex Lapis himself," a woman said." I've already made my wish, so you can take this,"." Great, thanks!" Paimon said.

  Aether then start wishing, I could hear his wish clearly" I wish I could find my sister soon...," I just stood there while crossed arms. The lady suddenly asks me" Well, don't you want to try as well?"." Oh! I'm sorry, I'm a religious person," I honest, and she just nods.

  After they both make their wishes, we walk to the crowd at the center, while Aether whispers to me" I know you can't make wishes because you religious person, so I already make a wish for you to find a way home,"." Oh! Thank you Aether,".

  " Whoa! Look at all the people!" Paimon said to Aether." We gotta get upfront! We can't see squat back here!" We then walk to the front of the crowd. After that, I could see a woman standing and look at the sun. Her appearance, I could say she's beautiful.

 Her appearance, I could say she's beautiful

( Art by Mihoyo)

  " The hours are upon us," she said. After two ladies backward, she starts to use her magic, a few stones floating around her. She then uses the stone to activate some sort of pot, like Aether use to wish.

  It shoots a light yellow beam to the sky, creates this huge wind, like a tornado. But then, the wind turns into black, like a black storm. I was ready to use my power if anything happen. Then suddenly, something fell off the sky and hit the center.

  " What the

  " What the... is that a dragon?!" I thought. I know dragons, they are mythical creatures created in my world. But I never thought it exist in this world. The woman running and approached the dead dragon body and examined it. She then yelled with a word that shocked me

  "Rex Lapis has been killed! Seal the exits!"

  A lot of guards came out with a weapon and surrounded the area." Wha... what's going on!? Did she just say Rex Lapis is... the Geo Archon... is... DEAD!?" Paimon said. I stood and glared at the dead body. Who knew the Geo Archon was already dead?" Oh no, the Millelith! Looks like they're nabbing suspect's who got too close," Paimon said while looking at one of the soldier's talks to the locals.

  " Paimon's freaking out. The killer is amongst us!" I tried not to laugh with Paimon statement. It reminds me of Among Us, the game I played with my friends." Wait... we got close... are we suspect!?"." I mean, we're not local people, so they might suspect us," I said, Paimon gets scared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   We're walking cautiously while avoiding the Millelith. It was smooth until Aether accidentally stomp on a broken rock. A guard spotted us, so we ran as fast as we can. " They're here! Arrest them!" We ran quickly to the stairs and were about to go down, only to find more of them coming.

  They surrounded us at the stairs conner." There's nowhere to run!" One of them said, pointing their weapon. Aether summon his weapon while I tried to use my elemental power to defend ourselves. Suddenly, a mysterious voice came out and said...

  "Hey, buddy—Hold Still,"

  Three flashes came out above our head and shoots water at the soldier. A  guy suddenly popped from the tree, with a bow in his hand and landed.

 A  guy suddenly popped from the tree, with a bow in his hand and landed

 (Art by Mihoyo)

   He then summons two water dual blades and attacks the Millelith, a huge water splashes came out after he finished. We could hear more guards, order us to surrender. The guy look at us and said " Come with me," and proceed to run. We have no choice but to follow him.

FINALLY!!! CHILDE!!!!