228. Humiliation (2)

''Sister Nian!"

''Sister Nian, happy birthday!"

''Hehe. Sister, I hope you will celebrate your birthday every year! I hope you will be happy and enroll in a top-rated university!"

Shen Qingqing and her classmates approached her and gave their blessings.

After Shen Qingqing wished for Qiao Nian to enroll in top-rated university, a tall and dashing young man grabbed a hold of her and pulled her aside. Liang Bowen looked at her and scoffed, ''Must you curse her?"

Shen Qingqing wasn't tall, but she was a cute girl. Liang Bowen was one of the tallest guys in the class. When he held onto her, it looked as though he was holding a doll. She blushed with anger and wanted to take revenge.

''Liang Bowen, how was I cursing Sister Nian? You're trying to sabotage or friendship!"

Stupid!

Liang Bowen pinched her cheeks. It felt great. He let go of her and said proudly, ''Did you forget that the professor from Qing University came to our school personally to persuade her to study there?

''Aren't you cursing her if you hope her to enroll in a top-rated university?"

''That's right.''

Shen Qingqing finally recalled what happened. She immediately forgot how Liang Bowen took advantage of her just now. She sractched her head and said apologetically to Qiao Nian, ''I didn't mean it that way. I hope for Sister Nian to enroll into Qing University or Bei University so that she can defeat that whie lotus!"

So what if she got a place in Ren Yi? So what if she received an award? Sister Nian saved someone and was selected by Qing University already!

Haha.

Everyone in Class A knew who she was referring to. Chen Yuan and Jiang Tingting looked thoughtfully at her.

After messing around, Chen Yuan represented everyone in Class A to present their gifts.

''Sister Nian, this is our gift for you in your 18th birthday.''

Qiao Nian looked at the package he handed her. It was was pink bag with a pink ribbon tied to it. It looked....too cute.

She took it, but didn't check what was inside. Even though she looked nonchalant about it, she was touched by their gesture.

''Thank you.''

Chen Yuan blushed after looking her in the eye. He looked away and started to whisper.

''Initially, we wanted to buy individual gifts. But it would be too troublesome for you. Hence, we decided to pool our money together and got you this one instead.''

He knew that Qiao Nian was impressive.

Money wasn't an issue for her.

What could she not afford?

But...

''It's not anything expensive, it's just something form us. Hope you like it," Chen Yuan said, looking at her thoughtfully. If you looked past his low-esteem and rebellious look, Chen Yuan was quite handsome as well. Even though he didn't have Liang Bowen's elegant demeanor, you could see that he would be handsome in the future just by looking at his facial features.

However, Qiao Nian was used to looking at handsome men.

Because she had been hanging out with Jiang Li and Ye Wangchuan, she now had a high standard for handsomeness.

Even though Gu San could be considered handsome in Beijing, he was just normal to Qiao Nian.

Let's not consider Chen Yuan and Liang Bowen, who weren't mature enough.

Not unwrapping the gift, Qiao Nian replied to them, ''I like it.''

She smiled.

She was wearing a well-designed shirt, which was very different compared to the ususal hoodie that covered her fully. The shirt collar revealed her collarbone slightly, and her smile was beautiful and cool.