chapter 15 | Misunderstood

•••

4:30 pm.

[ hey, where are you? >

I send a text to y/n after looking for her, wondering if she is still in class because of a test or other matter.

< I left for the hospital, why? ]

[ "why?" I TOLD YOU TO WAIT FOR ME! >:( >

< But I told you to work and rest ]

[ I'm mad rn >

< no you're not ]

[ yes I am. Give me your location or I stalk you to find you >

< you won't ever find me:) ]

[ I'm not kidding. Tell me where you are, please. I don't want you to be alone >

< Jungkook, I swear I'm fine. It's easier like this, I promise ]

I sigh, knowing I cannot do anything about it since she is already gone. I feel like something is wrong since earlier.

Not knowing what to say to make her understand I just want to be there, with her, I decide to not answer and leave her on read. She will maybe understand it that way.

I drop it out of obligation, and I move to the dorms to enter the building and walk up the stairs, hating the fact that y/n is all alone and heading to the hospital with no one by her side.

Is she trying to avoid me because I am too clingy? Because of what happened with Gayoon? She has been acting a bit distant since earlier, she did not even come back during the break, even though I waited for her without my best friends.

I hope she is not already sick of me, that would break my heart so badly.

— Next day —

Tuesday, September 14th, 2021.

10:30 am.

"Kook," Kimoon pronounces my name to get my attention, and I look at him as the three of us are waiting for the teacher to come. "Are you okay? Are you mad at us or something?"

"I'm not, I just had a bad night," I shrug, remembering the dream I had, then the fact that I did not even receive any text from y/n since I left her on read. "Why?"

"I don't know, I couldn't sleep properly," I lie and pull my hair back, the feelings I had in this dream remaining inside of me as if I had lived it.

Having a nightmare is horrible, but dreaming of being close to someone you like, cuddling them, kissing them, and feeling their body close to yours, in your arms is the worst because once you wake up, reality hits you hard in the face, and you remember how shitty real life is.

"Oh...have you talked to y/n? How was it at the hospital?" he mentions her, hurting me without knowing. "I don't know. She left before I could even try to join her, and she hasn't texted me since then."

He does not say anything as if this got him speechless, and I breathe out heavily. "Is it because of me and what I said yesterday?" Hojun blames himself for it, but I shake my head without even knowing about the answer to this question. "I don't think so. I'm probably just too clingy."

"She likes clingy guys for sure, don't be worried," he states as if he knew what she has on her mind, and I raise my eyebrows. "How do you know that?"