Chap 9

^Constance on the top ^

~Connor~

Over the next couple of month, training was gruesome. I hardly got to see Teagan, as he was always with Cyrus in their own training sessions. I wanted to see how he was doing but from our last conversation… or I should say words said to each other was the least bit heartwarming. He made it very specific he didn’t want to see me. So I immersed myself in my physical activities.

Through the course of our training I noticed changes in my body that weren’t there before, like how I began to dodge things I couldn’t see meaning my reflexes were so much better, my muscle were a lot more defined than before making my body look more sleek, I could see the telltale signs of a six pack working its way onto my stomach. My senses were sharper to the point where I could sense when someone was a good 20 miles away from the house.

I swear our training consisted of every exercise under the sun, from harmless little stretches to hardcore military training just more extreme. But overall it was all the same every day, endurance, strength, balance and flexibility. Though wolves are generally born with all these skills Tamitha’s and Cyrus’s courses blew all our natural abilities out of the water. I could scale that fifty foot wall now like it was nothing just with my claws; no safety ropes.

Since Asher had made a surprise visit a week after we got here, I was really against him watching over me in my parent’s stead. I didn’t need a damn baby sitter but he wouldn’t listen and go home. So he was always there on the side lines, observing Constance and I as went through our daily drills. I could tell it annoyed Constance just having him sitting there day after day as we slaved away hours on end. She finally cracked during our combat training.

“Hey big shot!” she huffed brushing her blond tendrils of hair that escaped her ponytail back with her wrist. We were both out of breath, sweating bullets as Asher stood with Cyrus against one of the fences. They both looked over at us.

“Yeah you, you think you’re too good to be out here training with the rest of us?”

Even though it was snowing and freezing she was in a thin grey tank top and our issued black cargo pants and combat boots whereas Asher was bundled up in a heavy jacket, scarf and cargo pants with combat boots.

“Excuse me?” he looked thoroughly confused.

“‘Excuse me?’” she mocked him in a squeaky voice. “Come over here so I can kick your ass!” she growled turning fully to face him and lowering in the stance for a one on one battle. I bit my lip, trying not to laugh at the shocked expression on Asher’s face.

“What did I do?” he asked me like I could help him.

“I think the training and cold has gone to her head.” I teased walking over to him and patting him on the back. “Good luck” and with that I went to sit down taking my first brake in hours.

“The cold has really gotten to her head hasn’t it?” Cyrus muttered repeating what I said, watching with his arms and feet crossed as he leant against the fence.

“Hm”

Asher kept pointing to himself in perplexity.

“I didn’t do anything!” he cried.

“Quit whining like a little bitch and get over here Fabio!” she snarled making a swipe at his head,

“Retract the claws kitty cat” Asher retorted as he quickly dodged her attach.

As they continued there lovers spat I turned my attention fully on Cyrus.

“Sir” I said. He glanced over at me,