Rejection

Shifting: Hello guys, Shifting2Wolf here with a brand new Q&A session.

So this is our first Q&A session, where readers will ask our characters a question, which they'll answer honestly and as much as they can. Let's see what's in the bag of questions.

"Ahem, Dear Max-" He perks up a bit, curious that he received a question before paling as it continues "That bastard from Rejection. Why don't you think before you act or are you just really, really, really dumb?"

Max cringes, head ducking low, struggling to respond. "I...I-uh..." He doesn't even dare to look around the room, knowing that all eyes are on him. "I guess...my actions speak...for me..."

Clearing his throat, he nods in defeat, "While at the time I thought I was within my right...well, it's very clear to everyone here that I am indeed quite the fool."

Shifting: (Yeah, no kidding...) Next question which is... Also for Max. Ahum... "Was Drake right about you being affected prior due to an attack on the pack by rogues to influence you to not fully trust Kyle, your mate, leading to reject him?"

Max only bows forward deeper, scratching at the back of his head. "There had been several rogue attacks before I met Kyle. It was one of the reasons why our border patrols had been intensified, leading them to spot Kyle when he made a kill near the border."

The wolf snorts, cracking his neck to relieve some tension. "There are several in the pack who have been injured by rogues, if not lost a loved one. When I found out that Kyle was my mate, I ignored the fact that he was rogue, even though Gavin said that we were moving forwards too quickly."

He starts kicking his foot, either nervous or in anger at himself. "Turns out I should've listened to Gavin. If we had taken the time, if I had come to learn more about Kyle, if the pack had learned, perhaps we would still be mated..."

"I did trust Kyle but I guess in the back of my mind, I always saw him as a former rogue first and mate second." He leans forwards, brushing his hands tiredly over his face.

"When we arrived at the safehouse, where Luna and the pups were gathered... All I saw was Kyle standing over my unconscious brother, saw multiple rogues around them... Could smell Kyle's saliva on Gavin's torn throat...and I just...fucked up."

Shifting : (Yeah, you don't say...) Errr, let's see, the next question is for...well...

Max just nods, resigned, gesturing to keep the questions coming.

Shifting : Okay, let's see. Ah. "Dear Max (to that pendejo I'll be cutting his balls off if he hurts Kyle again), Will you ever think about your actions of what you did to your mate? Cause I swear to GOD I'll find you and hunt you in your dreams."

"Man, they really hate me... and rightfully so." Max looks tired, scrubbing his hands over his face. "Lately all I've been thinking of, is what I did to Kyle. How nothing I can do will fix this mess."

He sighed deeply, growling in frustration and anger at himself. "There's nothing I can do to fix it, plain and simple. After I found out the truth, I just wanted to find Kyle and make sure he was alright. To talk and beg for forgiveness..."

At that, he snorts at himself, voice gravely as he croaks "But I don't deserve forgiveness, not for what happened to him."