12. the explanation.

Sierra

Sierra

Is it too late to drop out?

Yes.

Wasn't asking you.

Well you asked.

Shut up.

It's currently midnight and I'm in my bedroom with all my lights on, surrounded by papers and books, with sweatpants and a sweatshirt on. Is it my fault for joking around too much with the teacher?

No. Maybe.

Am I regretting it? Yeah?

Parker was furious about how my APUSH teacher gave me a C-, I had all the right answers on the packet! I had the thought of shoving the packet in his face but I stopped myself from getting in trouble. I should've just let Kaydon do it.

My phone rings and I scramble for it in the pile of papers around me. I find it and I pick it up with a yawn incoming. "Hello?"

"Well you sound tired," I instantly recognize the muffled deep, raspy voice. I look across my room at the window and see him propped up on his bed with the phone next to his ear. My breath got caught in my throat when I see him shirtless and only in basketball shorts. Every muscle on display.

I probably hadn't seen the contact name. I internally roll my eyes and let out a sigh. "I've been at this packet, REDOING IT, for two hours!" I lay on back and close my eyes for a second, regaining my thoughts.

"I wanna sleep." I whine and he chuckles quietly. That was very attractive.

Stop.

I quickly look at my window and see him now sitting on the edge of his bed, his lamp the only source of light on in his room. "Then sleep," he says. His voice was quiet, but peaceful. Just like how it was at night.

"I can't, didn't you hear what I said?" I hear him laugh quietly and a moment of silence comes between us.

I hear him rustling around on the other side and I look at the window to see him gone. "Kaydon?" I ask.

I hear him muttering a curse word. "Yeah, sorry." Again, I hear him moving around.

"Kaydon where are you?" I see his window open and then the next thing I know, I hear a knock on my window.

I think either I'm hallucinating or my whole soul just jumped out of my body but Kaydon is sitting on the tree branch in front of my window. I hung up and ran to the window. He would always do this when we were little and when he saw me cry.