*Busy head*

May 25th, 1992

Percy couldn't get the idea out of his head the whole day, which was concerning due to his exam. All he could think about was what his life could be like with Iris. How much he'd be better with her, how he would be happy to see her smile every day. Then he realized, it was selfish. He had to remind himself every hour or so, that Iris would never want to be with him, it was even crazy to think about it. He forbid himself to even look at the girl, it was better off to just keep the feeling hidden away, it was a mistake. Anyways, if he wanted to pursue his goal in the future, dating Iris would not make that happen. And if he were to date, she wasn't the type he would normally go for.

Going through his herbology exam, he dozed off a couple of times, but came right back to reality, in the end, he thought it was ok, maybe he didn't get an O, but he was sure he would get an E. He sulked his way back to the common room, it was nearly 5 at night, and he was exhausted. "Weasley! Wait up!" He heard his name being called, and when he turned around, he was in front of good-looking, quidditch player Anthony Wheeler. Now that he could compare himself to Anthony, he didn't think Iris would go for him. Percy wondered what he wanted to say. Anthony looked out of breath, but he was dressed casually, and with flowers in his hands. He looked at the flowers and back to his face uncertain. Anthony disregarded them and asked for a favour. 

"Hey man, would you mind covering for my prefect duties today? I promise I'll cover your tomorrow?" He pleaded. Percy sighed, he was hoping to enjoy the evening off, but at least he'd get tomorrow. "Fine. but what are you doing tonight? Exams are over." Percy said. Anthony answered with a bit of excitement. "It's Iris and I's 6 month anniversary. wanted to do something special, you know?" He nudged him, and Percy gave him an artificial smile. "Well thanks again Weasley, you're the best!" He ran off with that. Percy gave another sigh and entered the common room to get his badge, pushing everyone out of his way with a bit of bitterness. Despite himself abandoning his feeling for Iris, he had a tugging feeling in his stomach. The way Anthony smiled smugly made him sick. He was so invested in his head, he didn't realize his brothers were beside him.

"Man Percy, you gotta stop! We've been caring more for you in 1 week than we ever have in our entire lives!" Fred joked. Percy felt like he needed advice from them, he wasn't quite sure where he got the crazy idea. "Hey, if you er, wanted something badly, but it's already taken, and you know you shouldn't, what would you do?" He chose his words carefully. Fred and George were surprised he asked them that. "Why? Are you doing drugs?" They asked surprised. Percy's eyes widened. "Merlin no! Never! I mean just in general, I'm er curious that's all." The twins were now very suspicious of him, it was one thing for him to ask something, but to be in a vulnerable curious state was another. "Who are you and what did you do to Percy?" George asked, raising his wand. 

Percy grumped and crossed his arms. "I'm Percy you blithering Idiot!" He now held his prat face, and George immediately lowered his wand. "Blimey, it is you, what happened?" Fred asked. Percy sneered, "Just forget it, shouldn't have asked you two." He started walking away, but the twins stepped on him. "Now one part of us tells us you really mean your question," Fred said. "Yeah, it must have been important if you asked us!" George finished. Percy looked from one identical face to another. He sighed once more. Then something clicked in Georges's brain. That morning, he was hanging out with Mika, and she was complaining that Iris was being a bit of a jerk because she couldn't find Anthony a 6th-month anniversary gift. Could that be the reason why he was down? Percy had been caught smiling more often, and that was after he and Iris started hanging out. And the question did Percy want... Georges's eye's widened. Fred noticed that his brother got something, and was very eager to know. "What's up George?" Percy looked at the younger one but realized he figured it out. George pointed at him. "You are in love with her!" he said, putting

Percy started to panic, knowing the twins, they'd likely tell everyone. "What? Georgie where you talking about?" Fred asked, now excited to know who it was. "Iris of course!" George said like It was obvious.  Percy was dying of humiliation, anxiety, and frustration. Why did he tell these two idiots? Now Fred had an identical face as his twin. "Are you serious? We were joking last night you know!" Percy was glaring at them hard. "No, I'm not." He said very strongly. The twins couldn't care less. "Then what was that question about? There's nothing else that makes sense other than Iris! You've been talking about her all year, whether it was good or bad!" This may have been the longest the twins went without teasing Percy. Percy only sneered at them and tried to get past, only to be proven difficult since they were rather bigger than him. "Don't think we'd let you past this easily! Answer our questions!" Percy tried to look intimidating. "There is no question because the slightest possibility that I might be in love with Dursley is impossible! Look, I'm happy with my life and that's how it's supposed to be. I don't need a clumsy girl who has no goals in the future to wreck all that!" 

He said it with such fierce that the twins backed off. He walked through with no regret and slammed the door in their faces. George and Fred stood there, perplexed. "Bloody arse he is! Didn't have to yell at us for it!" George said. Fred agreed. "As much as he is 'successful', " He used air quotes, "who would be that stupid to call Iris all that! I'm glad he doesn't like her, she doesn't deserve Perc." They started walking away from their brother's dorm. "Of course she doesn't, but have you seen the way she looks at him? I sometimes wonder if she got hit in the head!" Fred scratched his head. "Honestly, if I were Percy, I'd tell her that I'm in love with her." George snorted. "Yeah, the worst case is that they go back to being rivals, but what about Wheeler?" Fred looked at him. "I'm out of my mind for thinking this, but if I had to choose, I'd rather Percy than Wheeler. Wheeler's an arse." George considered his brother's words. "yeah, now that I think about it, I do too. I'd be good for Percy too, and Iris wouldn't necessarily be in danger." They left their thoughts, along with the place they were standing. Little did they know, Percy was standing right behind the door, listening to every word they said. The last statement made by George and Fred, made him re-think his actions. 

His brothers would rather him than Wheeler, and even if all hell broke loose, they'd just go back to being rivals, no one would get hurt. Just a small thing crossed off Percy's list, and he could go back to being the future minister of magic. If it didn't though, what would they do? Percy decided to go with his instincts, and if it happened, then it happened. He completely forgot about their anniversary and started to set off to look for the girl, now very desperate to tell her. He looked around every corner of the castle, and just as he was about to give up, he heard someone crying. He was about to walk past them, but he noticed the blond hair, and immediately recognized it as Iris. She was wearing a dress, no doubt for their date. Suddenly Percy felt stupid, and he'd never tell her. Instead, he sat down beside her, awkwardly, asking himself what he should do. He cleared his throat, which gained Iris's attention. Percy wasn't sure what he was expecting, but he was sure he didn't expect pain in Iris's tearful green eyes.