Chapter 13: Know The Truth

I am currently sitting on a stone in the forest.

Today, we are playing tag and Don is the 'it', that's why I was forced to go to the forest by myself. The truth is, this is a great opportunity to go check the restricted area.

But I was contemplating go ask Ray to come with me.

I know that he was only doing his job as a spy. However, I still need to be careful because I know that he already told something about me to Mom. I don't know if he truly trusts me or not, but I need to be more careful.

Ahhhh, being Conny is too hard!

I alerted my senses when I heard the leaves fluttered. My eyes went to the person who was currently looking at me. It wasn't that hard to guess who is this young man.

"Norman," I uttered. The wind blew through my hair that was tied in a pigtail. I let out a smile as I happily stands up. "You're not with Emma?" I asked him.

My smile disappeared when I noticed him silently walking towards me. He glanced at the fence that was only a few meters away from me. I took a deep breath while observing his expressions.

"Do you have something to ask me?" My eyes went to the fence. "If Norman has something to ask. Would you like to have an expedition with me?"

"Who are you?" He asked.

My body stopped for a moment as I hugged the bunny in my arms tightly. I stared at him for a while before giving him a bright smile. "I am Conny, why do you ask?" I giggled. I immediately went outside of the fence as I motioned my hands to ask him to follow me.

"Come with me, I know that you're curious as well."

Norman looked hesitant at first, but when he saw me walking away, he immediately followed and walk by my side.

"Where are we going?" He asked me.

"At the end of this place. Let's just keep going because I don't know where exactly it is," I replied. "Anyway, I have a question for you Norman," I did not bother to use any childish way to talk to him. 

"What is it?" He asked.

"Do you want to get adopted?" I asked him. His walking phase became slower and his gentle face became confused. "Do you want me to rephrase that?" I asked with a chuckle. "Do truly want to leave Emma?"

Norman stopped walking for a while as he glanced at me with amusement.

He closed his eyes before smiling at me. "I don't," He answered me with his gentle voice. Norman opened his eyes before looking directly at me. "Now I truly wonder what Conny hides from us."

This boy! I honestly like his reactions. Unlike Ray who only snorted at me...

But I won't lie, his calm and gentle demeanor are sometimes terrifying...

I pouted my lips as I waved my hands in front of him. "It was something truly terrifying," I said. "But I will give you a hint."

We continued to walk for another minute. My eyes can't help to wander through the trees and other plants around us. Although I've seen this on the anime series, I can't help but be amazed since everything that I saw in my previous life became true.

When we reached the end of this forest, we both saw the large and high wall that was separating this place from the cliff.

I never thought that it was this high.

It was unfortunate.

I can't use this place if I wanted to escape from this place by myself.

"Do you wonder what's behind that wall?" I asked him. My eyes went to Norman who was looking up the big wall. He glanced at me for a while as he went closer to it. Norman touched the wall and placed his ear on it.