Healing Old Wounds

𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟏- 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐏𝐭 4

Mercedes sat at the table outside with some of the women at the party, talking about old times. Music still going even as night started to make itself known.

Taking this break to be around all of them did her well. Of course she loved her music and family but at times it could be overwhelming, but being here—she didn't have an image to uphold, she could be herself. No one would label her a ghetto girl or like her father says 'hood rat', she hated those words.

"I heard your mother is out to," Tracy says to Mercedes.

"Been hell ever since." Mercedes sips her drink.

"I bet," Tracy laughs.

Destiny was an exact image of her mother Tracy. Both with beautiful dark skin, except Tracy held bright hazel eyes, something Peanut took from her instead.

"I had to save Hakeem from her, walked in to her whipping his ass with a broom."

Tracy tilts her cup. "Now you know Hakeem Lyon's mouth is like yours, horrible."

"Yeah but I know my limit for my parents."

"Unless you mad."

Mercedes went to object but shakes her head. "You right."

Tracy chuckles. "I'm surprised you still here after Legend showed up." Mercedes scoffs. The woman looks her over, and smiles. "Y'all two okay?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Respected." Tracy nods. "Just know I'm here."

"I'll be fine." Mercedes shakes her head. "Did you know about him coming home?"

Tracy brow raised. "Thought you said you didn't want to talk about it?" Mercedes pouts making her laugh. "Yeah. I knew. I didn't tell you because it really wasn't my place. Legend a sensitive subject for you, I of all people know that. Don't forget the house you were supposed to be in when you were down here but every time I turned around, you were with him."

"You allowed it."

"Only because I know him," Tracy reminds her. "I also used to didn't let y'all go anywhere. Both of y'all butts sat right on that porch in my eyesight. Right with all them other lil fools. Between you, Destiny, and Gigi, I knew I was going to have bury somebody son."

Mercedes laughs. "Lord knows you would."

"In a heart beat." Tracy sips her wine, she lowers her cup. "But he did it though. He came on time and sat right with you. I already know his mother but I needed to know the child. Once I did, I trusted him with you."

"Guess we both made that mistake." Mercedes plays with the rim of her cup in her lap.

"Think everything was a mistake between you two?"

"I felt used." Mercedes admits. "He didn't want what I did and told me to throw it out of my mind. Next thing you know people in the hood drop like flies. Then he lied to me about the work he was doing, and if my dad found out."

Tracy eyes her. "You sure this isn't more about Lucious Lyon feelings? Granted, what Legend does or did, cause I mind my business-"

"Ma," Destiny sucks her teeth.

"Okay to a point." Tracy changes her story. "My real point is what he does is an issue. Something you have every right to not be apart of. Though what he told you and all the stuff from that crazy night, we all don't know the full story."