Albedo x Reader □

"It's been getting a lot colder here recently..." I shivered and rubbed my hands. Me and Albedo were in Dragonspine once again - but not conducting experiments. Instead, we were just exploring.

"Yeah, I agree... but I'm sure we will be okay in these circumstances; a fire, warm clothes, and the right amount of food and water." Albedo stated as I stood by a campfire, trying to warm up a little.

We had both liked eachother for a while, but in different ways. It was difficult to put our feelings into words, and even to think about them.
"Say, Y/N..?" I glanced at Albedo, who had a hand on his chin, deep in thought.
"How would you feel if we were to climb higher in Dragonspine? I'm certain I saw a few ores and materials that could surely help with our research..." Albedo gazed up at a platform on the mountain.

"Of course, let me just grab some things.." Just as I were about to head back to our camp, Albedo chuckled quietly to get my attention.
"No need, I have everything you would have packed. Promise."

I found Albedo's face too cute to resist, if I admit.
"Oh? Well in that case, let's head up."
A load of time passed, and the temperatures were decreasing lower and lower by the second. It was almost unbearable, but I had to keep going, for Albedo's sake. I felt my fingertips and my nose go pink from the cold.

People were too afraid to venture higher into Dragonspine, therefore there were close to zero fires, seelies or lanterns.
"Y/N, would you mind grabbing that ore for me? My hands are full, aha.." Albedo pointed towards a red ore by a wall of the mountain. I nodded and slowly walked towards it, before trying my best to break it with a weapon.

"Hmm? Are you alright? Your hands are shaking." Albedo looked at me worriedly. I simply nodded again and held the ore that I had just mined.
"Well, okay..? We haven't got far to go now, just hang in there..!" He nervously added, strolling on forward.
Each step got more difficult and stressful. My limbs felt like they were going to snap, and my vision was getting blurry.

"We made it! Come- Y/N?" Albedo faced me and saw me looking down at the snow, shaking from the freezing cold. Something must've told him that it was getting too dangerous, and that we had to head back.
"I'll take you back to the camp, I'm sorry for not doing so sooner..!" I slowly managed to grab all of the stuff we collected and got back to our campsite with Albedo. He started to put all of the stuff away as I sat next to a fire, like before.

"Hey, are you still cold?" Albedo finished examining his new objects and sat down in the snow next to me. I glanced into his eyes and smiled.
"A little. Sorry about not being able to make it up the mountain, aha." I awkwardly laughed.

"Oh, don't worry! We got what we needed - here." Albedo took off his jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders. My face heated up - but this time it wasn't because of the cold.
"H-Huh? Won't you get freezing without this?" I reluctantly gave it back, because I felt bad. And also it would make me feel embarrassed whenever something brought this moment up. Even my own head.

"No, you need it more than me. I can just make a potion to stop getting cold." Albedo smiled and stood up to actually go through that process. I took his hand and pulled him back down.
"You'll just make yourself sick by taking so many potions, come here.." Albedo gazed at me in confusion. It made no difference if he just relaxed by a fire with no jacket or extra layers.

Just as Albedo got distracted, I lowered myself into his arms and partially rest his jacket over my back. It wouldn't have made either of us completely warm and cozy, but the cold air would have trouble with getting through.
He gasped, but didn't push me away.
"U-Uh... what're you doing?" He asked, obviously flustered from the sudden movement.

"Saving you from making yourself sick, of course! ...That, and I've been wanting to tell you for a long time.."
"Hm..? Tell me what?"
"I love you a lot, Albedo. Even if you don't feel the same, that won't change."

It was a long pause. At first I thought it told me itself Albedo didn't know what to say - but I was wrong.

"...I love you too, Y/N."