Hey There, Delilah (29)

I really didn't want to get interrupted right then.

I mean, I really, really didn't.

Like, seriously.

River was practically sucking my neck as we both lay on my bed, him on top of me as I arched my back so our hips grinded against each other's. This time we were fully clothed, except that my blouse was unbuttoned a little and my tie was undone around my neck, and I knew that this time it wasn't going to go as far as it had the last time. As I ran my fingers through River's soft, black hair, there was a loud knock on my door. I dropped my hands from River's hair onto the bed in frustration, letting out an exasperated groan. But River just continued what he was doing, not even seeming like he was going to stop.

"River," I told him when the knocking became louder.

"Ignore it," he muttered, kissing me neck up and down. "They'll go away eventually."

"River," I said more sternly, pushing on him a little. "I need to get the door. Let me go get it or you won't be able to continue what you're doing after the person goes away."

Well, that made him get up so fast that I thought we were both going to get whiplash. This caused me to roll my eyes, and I pushed myself off the bed and over toward my door.

I grabbed the doorknob, twisting it and opening the door in a matter of seconds.

My eyebrows furrowed when I saw who was standing before me, and her eyebrows furrowed as well. I knew that I would see Bekka again, but I didn't think it would be so soon.

"What're you doing here?" I snapped at her, my grip in the doorknob tightening a little as I leaned up against my door.

Bekka rolled her eyes at me, crossing her arms over her chest and giving me the most bored look ever. "I'm here to get Marnie. I'm obviously at the wrong dorm, though. And out of every dorm I had to go to, it had to be yours. Where the hell is Seth's dorm?"

"He's next door," I informed her, rolling my eyes as well. "And I thought that you and Marnie weren't friends anymore. I thought you hated her."

"I do," Bekka snapped, her arms still over her chest. "But I still have to pick her up because Headmistress Allen told me to. Marnie's my roommate, so I'm the one that has to pick her up since she doesn't have a car. I don't get why Seth can't just drive her to Eden... He's such a bastard; he probably doesn't even care if she has to walk home in the dark all alone."

I thought I felt my eye twitch slightly, but I didn't back down. "Seth loves Marnie," I told her. "You were there. You saw that they said they both loved each other. You were there when I told Marnie what Seth did to protect her. So don't go calling him a bastard when you're a huge bitch."

Bekka's eyebrows rose, but she didn't say anything as she then looked me up and down. The surprised look on her face quickly went away and was replaced with a smirk.

"So... River's in your room, I see."

"W--what?" I stuttered, swallowing immediately after. If she was joking with me, the way I had spoken had definitely given it away.

Bekka continued to smirk, and she shook her head as well. "Well, you're blouse is completely unbuttoned, and your camisole underneath it is riding up your stomach. Not to mention your skirt looks like someone's been begging to tear it off you... It's really wrinkled, too."

I felt my face heat up and I immediately yanked on my camisole, bringing it down and back to normal. I tried to fix my skirt as casually as I could, but I wasn't really able to. Bekka continued smirking at me, until she shook her head once more and turned toward Seth's door. She started banging on the door loudly and cried out, "Marnie! Get your butt out here and stop making out with your boyfriend! We have to get back to school before Headmistress Allen gives us both detentions!"