Chapter 34: McGonagall vs Umbridge

Y/n's POV:

A few days had passed since my last detention with Umbridge. My carving is still hurting, slowly bleeding still. Fred makes sure I'm not in pain, but also tries to convince me to report it.

"Lovey please report it. It still hurts you and I don't want to see you like this, I feel like there's nothing I can do" Fred pleaded as he looked down at me on his lap.

"Freddie I don't want to. And plus I-" I started but got cut off my the golden trios loud conversation. The four of us stopped to look at the three fifth years.

"I've been busy studying for these stupid OWL exams." Ron moaned to Hermione.

"I'll do the introduction. That's all." She replied firmly. If only I could do that with the twins and Lee.

"Hermione, you're honestly the most wonderful person I've ever met." He said sarcastically as him and Hermione plonked themselves on the sofa between Harry "And if I'm ever rude to you again"

"I'll know you've gone back to normal." Hermione retaliated. I gave a small giggle at this. "What's wrong with your hand?" She asked Harry concerned.

"Nothing." He said plainly showing her his right hand

"The other hand." Hermione said as she grabbed Harry's left arm and rolled his sleeve to reveal the same carving on his hand that is on mine. I gave a small gasp, he was only fifteen years old. Fred pulled me into a hug as we continued to listen.

"You've got to tell Dumbledore." Hermione said worried

"No. Dumbledore's got enough on his mind right now. I don't want to give Umbridge the satisfaction." Harry said to the two of them.

"Bloody hell, Harry. The woman's torturing you." Added Ron. Who looked just as concerned as Hermione does. "If the parents knew about this"

"I haven't got any of those, have I, Ron?" He snapped.

"Harry, you've got to report this." Hermione said taking a deep breath. "It's perfectly simple. You're being"

"No, it's not. Hermione, whatever this is, it's not simple. You don't understand." Harry said as he raised from his chair towards us.

"Then help us to." Hermione yelled after him.

"Harry come here" I said to the young boy. He took a seat next to me.

"I know how you feel" I said to him sympathetically. "I know what Umbridge done"

"No you don't. I-" he stared. But he stopped when he saw me take my left hand, wrapped in white bandages. I started to unwrap my hand much to Fred's dismay, to reveal the same carving but mine was wider and deeper and still oozing blood.

"I know what she done. I don't want to give her the satisfaction either" I said to him.

"How did you get it? It looks so bad" Harry asked.

"Defending you about Voldemort's return. Got a weeks detention"

"You defended me?" He asked confused. "But I thought you hated me"

"What you said at Grimmauld place was very hurtful, but I see you as a little brother and I want to defend you." I said. The young boy pulled me into a hug and had a warm smile on his face.

"Thank you y/n! And I'm sorry for what I said. To all three of you" Harry said to me and twins.

"It's okay Harry" we all said in unison.

"I'll see you around" Harry said as he got up and went to his dorm.

At that moment Hermione and Ron came over and sat with me, the twins and Lee. Hermione's face as puzzled then shocked when she noticed my hand.