34

A few days later, the current residents of castle Dimitrescu start growing impatient and everyone is waiting for the Duke to show up.
Even you are waiting, almost exited to meet the Duke since you have never heard of him before or saw him, and from the way Heisenberg talked about him during dinner a few days ago, he sounds like an interesting person.
You spent almost the entire time at Alcina's side, stealing sneaky kisses every now and then, and every day she takes a little bit of blood from you, what you don't mind.
Helen starts to prepare an iron-infused smoothie for you every morning so you don't start feeling weak and the days pass by peacefully, almost too calm, even. But you don't give it a second thought.

Then the morning comes, when you finally get to meet the Duke, and the way you and him collide coudn't have been more confusing.
You were on your way down to the kitchen to grab a glass of water, it was quite early in the morning and you were lost in your thoughts when you opened the door, only to spot a big man in front of you, instead of the kitchen.
You stare at him for a moment, hesitating, until you ask: ,,Who are you?".

,,I am the Duke, Y/N", the blonde man who is sitting in the back of the room says and smiles ,,Nice to meet you".
,,Why… Why do you know my name?", you ask, furrowing your eyerows and you eye him curiously.
,,I know everone by name around here", Duke says with a crooked grin and leans back in his seat that almost disappears behind his broad figure ,,Especially when they have such an unique relationship with the lady of the house herself!".
Your cheeks grow a little red and you lean against the door frame, crossing your arms in front of your chest.
,,Well, seems like things don't stay secret a long time around here", you say, causing Duke to laugh.
,,Nothing is a secret, little one. Not for me", Duke says and then he raises his eyebrows ,,But anyway, you don't happen to know where Heisenberg is?".

,,I don't, no", you say with an apologetic look ,,Is there something you need to tell him?".
,,Well, yes. I located Ethan and I told him about your… Situation", the man says and you look at him attentively ,,He doesn't seem to be completely fond of the idea of working with the lords, but he will arrive here when the troups are assembled".
,,Troups?", you ask in confusion. For some reason, none of the things that Duke is saying right now make sense to you. Maybe it is just a little to early for your brain to function properly.

He nods. ,,I think we should rather discuss this with the lords as well, then I don't have to explain myself twice". Duke lets out a loud laugh and claps his hands over his stomach.
,,Of course, just go to the dining room and I will tell everyone to get there", you say.
,,Great idea, little one", the Duke nods, but before you can go, he stops you.
,,Wait, I have one last question for you".
You turn back and look at him with raised eyebrows, showing him, that you are listening.
,,Was it your idea to give Ethan the flask and find a peaceful solution?", he asks.
For a second you hesitate, staring at the man for a long moment before you answer. ,,Yes, that was me".
,,You are a smart, young lady", he says with a smile ,,Things would have gone a lot worse for everyone, if it wasn't for you".

You raise your eyebrows. ,,You don't happen to be able to tell the different outcomes of the future, depending on what I do?".
,,I can not, no", he says, though you are not sure if you believe him.

,,I will go and search the lords now", you say and the duke tilts his head downwards a little.
,,Very well. I will see you later".

You take a step back, leaving the room and find yourself in the foyer again.
'So, that is the Duke'. you think and remain standing there for a moment to process what just happened, before you go and search for Alcina.
You have a feeling where you will find her, and you are right.
The moment you open the door to her room, you spot her sitting on her arm chair, and the woman immediately turns to face you.

Her lips curl into a smile as you approach her and she doesn't hesitate to pick you up and place you on her lap.
,,Back already?" she asks and you nod slowly.
,,The Duke is here", you say and Alcina eyes you in suprise.
,,Is that so?".
,,Yes. I ran into him, he knew my name for some reason and he has good news, as far as i understood what he was saying", you nod and Alcina inhales deeply.
She still is not fond of the idea of working alongside with Ethan, what was more than understandable, but you have the feeling that she would still get used to it. Your enemy was the same, after all.

,,Then, let us find my siblings", Alcina says and presses a soft kiss onto your scalp before placing you on the floor again and getting up from her arm chair.
You eye her hand for a moment, before reaching up and taking it into yours, and she doesn't seem to mind.
Actually, she doesn't let go of your hand for a single second while you went to look for Donna, Heisenberg and Moreau. The you called for the daughters and they all showed up as well, so the dining room was filled rather quick.

You sit down on the chair next to Alcina's and stare up to the woman for a second, before the door opens and the Duke makes his way inside.
He sits down on the chair at the end of the table and you notice the curious glances the daughters give him.

,,Good morning, everyone", he greets the people in the room and folds his hands on the table ,,I apologize for taking so long to get an answer, it was rather hard to find Ethan… But here I am".
He laughs.
,,So…Ethan and Chris Redfield will be here in a few days, with their troups, to discuss further what will happen", he says and smiles ,,They agreed on working together".
,,Excuse me, who is Chris?", Donna asks softy and you eye Duke now as well since you have never heard that name.
,,He has been working against Miranda for some time already", Duke says ,,He found out that she replaced Ethan's wife, Mia, to get close to Rose and Mia is yet to be found".
'She kidnapped his wife and has his daughter now? No wonder he is so furious', you think, though the subject of Miranda being able to simply replace people sets you in an uneasy mood and you shrink a little in your seat.

Alcina looks down to after noticing your shift in behavior and she doesn't hesitate to bring her hand to yours, gently holding it and running her thumb over the back of your hands.
,,Sis,.you have room for our guests, right?", Heisenberg then asks and Alcina's eyes snap toward the man, but before she can answer, Daniela says; ,,You probably want Ethan to stay in your room anyway, am I right?".
Heisenberg simply raises his eyebrows, yet he doesn't deny that that is the truth and you find yourself to start chuckle at the mans enthusiasm whenever it came to Winters.
Even Alcina laughs softly amd you exchange a glance with Daniela, to show her you think the exact same thing

(a/n: I sort of am back, i guess? School has started again and I have almost no time to write, but I'll try to at least update once a week. I can't promise anything though, I am sorry.)