Chapter Twenty-One

Asher

"I removed all of his Alpha rights and privileges," Ryan informed me. I called him last night, and he ran over to my territory with some of his men, including Scott, the guard at the castle. This morning, Ryan sent out his own trackers, then we talked about Jacobs. I told Brian, Dr. Nale, Ryan, and Ryan's men everything that I know.

"So what happened to the packs?" I asked.

"All pack members are now rogues," he responded.

"Do you know where any of them are now?"

Ryan shook his head. "They all just disappeared. The council didn't hear about any rogues on other pack territories. I assume that they stayed on neutral land."

"They didn't bother any packs? Why would they take Eve now?" I questioned.

"Because her parents are dead," Ryan sighed. "Jacobs got a group of wolves together, and they attacked the castle while Eve and I were here."

"How do you know that it was Jacobs?" Brian asked.

"We have one of the rogues in custody," Ryan announced.

"He told you about Jacobs?" Dr. Nale questioned.

Ryan nodded. "We didn't have to question him. We went to his cell and he just told us everything."

"He wanted you to know" Dr. Nale stated. "He wants the Royal Pack to come after him. He wants you to come after him."

"He wants revenge," I said.

Dr. Nale and Ryan both shook their heads. "He wants to kill me," Ryan said. "Its not about revenge. He just wants a pack. He wants power. If he kills me, then he'll get the pack."

Eve could lead Jacobs to Ryan. I know for a fact that she would never put Ryan in danger. But I also know that Ryan would do anything to bring her back. "So he took Eve for like motivation?"

"Maybe, maybe not," Dr. Nale answered. "He could do two things with her. Use her to get to Alpha Ryan, or he could kill her. Since she is the last heir, he could take over the castle. Its impossible to predict what he's gonna do."

"But what about Matthew? Isn't he like the second heir?" I questioned.

Ryan shrugged. "Technically, yes. He is the second heir, but he cannot rule the castle. He's six. He hasn't even developed his wolf."

"What do we do now?" Brian asked. I answered the question for once.

"We're taking a trip to the castle. I'm gonna interrogate that rogue."

*****

Genevieve

"I'm trying!" I shouted at the Alpha and Beta.

"Try harder" Alpha Jacobs growled.

We've been doing this for hours. I don't know what time it is, but its been at least five hours. They want me to mind-link Ryan, but Ingrid isn't responding. I can't hear her, just like last time. Whenever Asher was with the red-head, Ingrid stopped talking to me. Like she would disappear for a few hours.

"This isn't working," I stated.

"You just need a little motivation," Beta Hefner picked up the brown-haired girl and held his fist up to her face.

I got as close to the bars as I could without touching it. "Don't hurt her," I begged. "My mind-link isn't gonna work for a while. I swear that I'm trying. I just need some time."

"Why isn't it working?" Alpha Jacobs asked. "The silver cage still allows you to mind-link, you just can't shift."

"Its not the cage," I sighed. "Its my wolf. She's weak."