Chapter 47

The trio was down by the Black Lake.

George had revealed that he wanted to ask Angelina to the ball but still needed help learning the dance so here they stood, his hands linked with Leona as she led them through the dance, Fred jumping in on occasion to correct his brother or help demonstrate how to properly do a move or where to place his hands.

George had pretty much gotten it when someone yelled, "Leona Black," in a heavily accented voice.

And the girl turned to see none other than Viktor Krum approaching her, a tank top and sweats on his body as he prepared to work out but had spotted someone who he believed could help him.

"I am Viktor Krum," he introduced as he held out his hand to shake, Leona taking it in disbelief.

"I'm a fan. I watched you play in the World Cup this year. You were very impressive."

He smiled at her, Leona able to see the horde of jealous girls that pined after him scowling at her over his shoulder.

"I am a fan likewise. I saw your move in the Daily Prophet. Surfing on a broom, perhaps you could teach me the move someday."

She gaped.

"I would be honoured."

"Good. Good. Now, Leona, I know we've just met but I have something to ask of you," he said, and her heart jumped to her throat, hoping he was not about to ask what she thought he was about to ask. 

"That girl you sat next to when I placed my name into the goblet, who is she?"

She relaxed visibly.

"Her name is Hermione. She's a good friend of mine, a couple years younger than us but incredibly sweet and ridiculously smart. Why do you ask?"

His smile was bashful.

"I admit, she has intrigued me. I would wonder if you wouldn't mind helping me ask her to accompany me to the ball."

She beamed.

"Of course, we can help!"

Viktor looked confused.

"I am sorry, who is 'we'?"

"Freddy, Georgie," she called over, the twins moving to her side.

"Viktor, this is my best friend, George Weasley."

"Pleasure to meet you, George," Viktor said as they shook hands.

"You as well. I'm a big fan," he grinned, trying to keep the excitement in.

"And this is my boyfriend, Fred," Leona introduced as the two shook hands.

"Pleasure," Fred greeted.

"Likewise. You've got a good one," he said gesturing to Leona and Fred grinned proudly as he wrapped an arm around her.

"Yeah, I know. I'm a very lucky man."

Leona laughed.

"Anyways, Viktor would like our help asking Hermione dearest to the ball."

The twins grinned.

"Oh, you've come to the right people."