Acknowledgements

Wow, where do I begin except thank you so much for getting this story to 51k reads, 4k votes, and 1.2k comments. I began this story in April of last year, in the midst of the pandemic. I spent the first month just researching and planning it out but as someone who loves reading historical romance, especially regency, I've been waiting to tell this story for a long time. I began this at the perfect time as it truly allowed me to escape into another world, one different from the difficult realities we were all facing. In posting this story, I hope you were also able to escape, even if it was just for a couple of minutes.

Vivienne was a different character for me to write in the sense that she was much softer than some of my other characters. I did this intentionally because I think there is strength in softness and kindness, and it should never be mistaken as weakness. I always remember this quote from Cinderella "Where there is kindness, there is goodness. And where there is goodness, there is magic." I think it really applies to Vivienne.

When I look back at this story, I still cannot believe it is my second longest novel at 133,372 words. Upon starting this novel, I'd estimated that it would be around 80,000 words maximum, but the words just kept rolling. This was one of the fastest novels I wrote, except for the last 5-8 chapters which I found surprisingly difficult to bring together all the clues and tie up the story. Nevertheless, we are here now.

And I wouldn't be here without all of you readers. Whether you started the journey with me in the first chapter, or joined later, I appreciate every single vote, comment, and read. This is the most support I've had while writing a story and it is because of you we were able to rank #1 in Historical Fiction and #17 in Historical Romance! A special shoutout to Nablai who would point out my errors in a very kind manner. I lot of changes happened in my life while writing this story including graduating university and entering the workforce, but I'm so grateful for all the love you've given me. I have a few stories in mind that I want to tell next, and I hope you'll join me in my next adventure.

Until then, all the best.

Love,

Kyra