Chapter Seventy Seven - Tyson

Tyson ~

I followed Kinsley up the stairs and into the house as she led me toward my large master bathroom to finally change and wash up.

Every step she took became a little slower and uncoordinated as we reached my bedroom and I realized that she was crashing from the adrenaline that she had been running on for the past few hours.

Bracing her weight on the dresser, Kinsley held herself up, letting out a shaky breath as the events of the night came crashing down on her.

"Easy baby." I said, quickly grabbing her sides so she didn't collapse.

My eyes were glued to her and I readied my hands to take her weight as we made our way into my bathroom. Once she had made it to the sink, I quickly turned the walk in shower on and let the hot water run while I helped her out of her dress.

I unzipped the back and let it fall to the floor, unclasping her bra as well, but quickly realizing that the thong we had gifted her with at the beginning of the night was nowhere to be found.

She caught me staring and gave me a small smile.

"They're in Dane's pocket."

"Of course they fucking are." I scoffed, shaking my head at Dane's insatiable need to pleasure Kinsley. It was something I understood fully and didn't blame him for in the least.

I helped our blood covered Kinsley into the shower and undressed as fast as I could, wanting to join her beneath the scalding stream of water as quickly as possible.

She was dazed, with a glossy eyed expression as she stared down at the dried blood that covered her hands and arms. Kinsley rubbed at the dark red stains on her flesh once or twice, watching as the water that pooled near the drain turned pinkish red.

All of a sudden her breathing picked up and she started to scrub harder at her flesh becoming more and more panicked with every pass of her hands. She clawed at her skin in an effort to remove the blood, unable to pull her eyes away from the stained spattered mess.

She's gonna hyperventilate. Shit, I'm not good at this. What would Dane do?

If Dane were here he'd comfort her. He'd know exactly what to say to calm her down and make her feel less panicked, but I'm awful at this shit.

"Calm down Kins, everything's okay." I tried to force my voice to be less deep and gritty, trying to make it sound soothing instead of intimidating, but it wasn't working.

Kinsley stared down at her body in horror as the dried blood slowly started to rinse away, but it wasn't leaving her skin fast enough. The sight of Dane's blood all over her arms was too much and she finally processed what had happened that night.

"It's everywhere." She said frantically as she scrubbed and scratched at her own skin, breaking the skin with her nails.

"Kinsley stop it, you're gonna hurt yourself. It's okay."

"It's not okay. None of this is okay." She wailed, becoming more and more panicked with every rapid breath she took in.

I tried to be gentle with her the way Dane was and reached for her hands, but she pulled them away, too desperate to get the blood off to allow me to comfort her.

She was scratching and scraping her skin with her nails as she sobbed now in a full blown panic attack at the sight of Dane's blood. My attempts at being gentle and comforting were failing and Kinsley was about to hurt herself or pass out.

Fuck it. I can't be Dane. I don't know how to be Dane. I'm gonna have to help Kinsley the only way I know how and that's just going to have to be good enough for now.