Fight

Ryder

"Are you sure we should leave her?" Denny asks as we sit down with our gang. I take out my flask and pour alcohol into the drink, taking a sip. "She's a big girl." I respond.

Truth be told I don't like leaving her, but when I saw her eyes light up when she saw her friends, her actual friends, I wasn't going to trail along.

"You're not worried about that boy?" Blake nudges me, trying to bait me into saying something. "Why would I be?"

"What are we talking about?" A girl interrupts, sitting next to me. Too close.

I take a sip from my cup and shake my head, "Nothing that concerns you."

She makes a face at my words, but doesn't seem to take a hint and leave. "Fuck off Leah." Triston, one of our friends chimes in. Triston is our hacker, one of the best.

As the night went on I limited myself to one drink since I had to drive home later. I know I know you're not supposed to drink but I have a high alcohol tolerance, plus I only drank half of a shot worth of vodka.

I had to escape the loud people and conversations of my group, so I left for a bit and went to the tables with water that were set up.

That's when I heard a fight happening. At first I just tried to ignore it, figuring it was two drunk strangers, until I glanced over and saw her.

Immediately, I ran over and weaved my way through the crowd that had formed. Thankfully, the fight didn't involved her, but her friend from earlier, Tread I think. He was fighting some dealer from the East side of town, Aiden, I remember doing business with him once. He's a prick.

Xela and I made eye contact from across the crowd, just for half a second. She looked back to the fight, watching her friend with a worried expression on her face. It wasn't until Aidan was on top of Tread landing punch after punch on his face that she stepped forward and shoved Aiden off of Tread.

I knew the rules of fighting here, she didn't. You never get in the middle of a fight, it's too dangerous. Especially for a skinny girl like her.

I was about to break that rule.

Aiden was about to lunge towards Xela but I cut him off by stepping in front of her. "Easy there" I said, taking a step back to keep distance between us. From the corner of my eye I see Tread getting onto his feet.

"This doesn't concern you" Aiden hissed at me, trying to step around me. I stopped him with my hand, "Walk away." I said just loud enough for him to hear.

He was fuming, and for a second I didn't think he was going to listen to me. He looked at Xela and I wanted to knock his brains out.

"Wait until your little boyfriend isn't here" he gave her a sick grin before taking a step back. He was seconds from walking away when my fist hit his jaw. I heard Xela yelling at me to leave him. I looked at Aiden on the ground for a second before squatting in front of him.

"Not so tough now are you?" I mumbled to him, "Look at her again and I won't just be leaving you with a broken nose." I stand up and walk back through the crowd, grabbing Xela's hand and tugging her along behind me. Once we were away from people, I noticed that Tread followed too.