Chapter 16

WARNING : This chapter contains content that could be traumatizing and triggering for some readers; scenes containing violent and sensitive descriptions. Reader's discretion is advised.

Brace yourselves for this one...

Song: Russian Roulette- Rihanna

AZ
So this is the feeling I've been searching for my whole life?
Everything is fuzzy, blurry, in silhouette. It's warm, it's comfortable, it's peaceful... beautiful, quiet, perfect.

The only audible sound is that of a ticking clock.

Tik tok
Tik tok
Tik tok

"How are you feeling?" I hear a voice ask me. I turn my head towards the direction of the sound and I see a guy with dreads. I know I've seen him before but I can't quite pin my finger on where. However from the look on his face, I know he's fucked up too. He's leaning against the wall but he isn't standing. Is he floating?

When I look down, my feet are floating too. The clock is on the floor, the windows are on the floor, the door is on the ceiling... what the hell?
I try to step down, but the room starts spinning and I decide to remain where I am.

"Azinwi, how are you feeling?" He asks again.

"I'm so happy" I say and my voice sounds so much more audible and slowed. Things have never been so hushed before.

The guy suddenly stands on the wall and I wonder what the hell is going on. Feeling scared, I sit up and he walks toward the table that is nailed against the wall.

This doesn't make sense to me so I force myself to stand too.

"Wait, the wall is the floor and the floor is the wall!" I exclaim in realization.

"You're screwed" the guy says and we both laugh before I fall back on the bed.

I start counting the pieces of plywood on the ceiling.

One, two, three, four, three, four, five, six, seight... seight?

That doesn't sound right.
No it's seven then eight. But "seight" sounds like the child of seven and eight, so we'll add it just after it's parents.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, seight, nine...

"You want more?" The guy asks and I sit up quickly

"More what?"

"China girl"

"What's that?"

"Actiq"

"What's that?" I ask and he laughs "Sorry but I can't process anything you're saying right now"

"It's what we just took, you want more?" He asks again and I nod.

The guy walks towards me, lifts my top and lines some of the powder on my belly before pulling it into his nose. He lies down for a while, pulling on the roots of his hair before laughing. I watch him and I want to try it too. It's like he reads my thoughts because he lines it on his chest and hands me the same note he used. Slowly, the line disappears as I pull in the powder through my nose like a vacuum cleaner.

We do it over and over again till he says we should stop.

Sweet Mercy

"How does it feel?"

"Good..."

"How do you feel?"

"Like I'm on top of the world, I feel higher than Mount Everest. Like Mount Everest literally has nothing on me"