It All Started With A Bite... Or Two

"HEY! STOP THE BUS!" I jump out of my seat, nearly dropping my book, from the sound of Peter yelling and banging on the bus from outside. I scooter over to the window, to see the boy himself, Peter Parker.

My best friend since... well since forever. Though Harry and I are the only ones that seem to like him. Everyone else treat him like a pest, they just want to smash under their boot.

Peter saw me looking out the window, as he continue to keep up with the bus. "HEY, TELL HIM TO STOP! PLEASE!" I moved away from the window, standing up and making me way to the front of the bus.

"STOP THE BUS!" I yelled at the bus driver, who was grinning at the torture he puts Peter through almost everyday. "You had your fun, now let him on." I told the driver, who drop his grin as he complied. Stopping the bus and opening the door, allowing Peter to get on.

"Thank you. I'm sorry, I'm late." Peter told the bus driver, right before I feel a paper ball hit me in the back of my head. "Hey!" I turn around to look at the other teens on the bus, who laugh. "Thanks for ruining the show again, (Last Name)!" One of them said, causing the boys to laugh.

I let out a 'Hmph' before I grab Peter's arm and dragged him back to my seat for us to sit down. As we made our way down the aisle, suddenly Peter tripped and tumbled into me, knocking us both down. Causing everyone to irrupt with laughter.

I know they say violence is never the answer... but in this case can we make an exception?

"Sorry." Peter mumbled as he climbed off of me. "It okay, Peter." I notice his glasses had fallen off, so I picked them up as I got up and continued to drag him back to my seat. Eventually we finally made it, without someone else tripping us and we were able to just sit down and relax.

"Here, you drop these." I held his glasses out for Peter to take. "Thank you. I was worried they got crushed again." Peter puts his glasses on and look at me with a goofy grin. "How do I look?"

"Like a dork who needs to learn to be on time." I told him, causing Peter to let out a weak chuckle. "I'm trying to do better." He said. "You've been trying since freshman year, Peter. If your going to keep being late, you may as well just get a car so you don't have to chase the bus down."

Peter look down, in thought. "Maybe... well uh." I look at Peter, causing him to rub the back of his neck. "Well I was just thinking I could maybe... pick you up so I don't have to ride the bus. You know if I get a car, I could make up for all the times you get the bus to stop for me." He said making me smile. "Oh, I would love that. I hate taking the bus." I said, picking my book that I was reading earlier, to pick up where I left off. "Me too."

Not long after we got to school, we had to pile up into the bus again for our Field trip to the University. "Midtown High seniors. No wandering. Proceed direct..." Our teacher caught a ball one of the other students were playing with. "Knock it off. Remember, it is a privilege to be here. We are guests of Columbia University's Science Department, so behave accordingly. Let's not have a repeat of our trip to the Planetarium. Come on, people, let's stay together. Proceed up the steps and into the building."

As the teacher talked, Mary Jane Watson turn her head and looked at Peter and I. She smiles and waved at us, causing Peter to grin and wave. Only for MJ's friends to walk right pass us, revealing she was actually waving at them.

"Oof, that wasn't embarrassing at all." I said to Peter, with a snicker. "Shut up." He grumbled, dropping his hand. "Peter! (Name)!" We turn around to see our other friend, Harry Osborn getting out of a car and running up to join us. "Hiya, Harry." Peter said to him. "I see you finally made it." I sad, with a grin. "Hey, I couldn't let you and Peter have all the fun, can I?"