Chapter 5

Previously on Chapter 4

Monk Gyatso always love to defend the weak... and he died protecting me. So the least I could do is live up to his legacy, by protecting the innocences. Which means... I'll protect the village.

-Growing Hope-

Y/N P.O.V

I've been going back and forth to the village. There's a lot of fire-benders that comes to raid it. So I fight them all. But after each fight, I always leave the place without saying a word to them. Even so... they still thanked me.

I just return to my cave after another fight. I fall on my back while breathing heavily. Man... that last fire bender did a huge number on me. I'm exhausted... I need to get some rest.

3rd P.O.V

A group of three people walks inside the village. Two boys and a girl. They come to the village to get some supplies for their journey.

As they walk further inside. They notice how calm the village are. They find it weird, especially with the war going on around them. A small village like this wouldn't have stand a chance.

They walk past a group of people, discussing about something. Something about what they said catches the attention of the shorter boy. He stops walking which makes his friends stop as well.

"Aang? Are you okay? Why did you stop walking?" The girl said. "Shh, Katara... I'm trying to listen..." the boy, Aang said. He turns to the group of people again.

"The Silent Bender are always ready to come for us. We owe that person so much!" One of them said. "I agree... if it weren't for that person. I don't know what this village would have become" another one said. "That person never showed their face. I wonder who's behind the mask" another joined in.

"Aang... lets just go. We can't just eavesdrop to their conversation..." the taller boy said. "Alright... sorry, Sokka" Aang said to the taller boy. He turns around to walk away with them.

"Well... I may not know anything about that person. But I sure know an air-bender when I see one..." the guy said. Aang froze in his track at what the guy had said.

He quickly turns to the man and walks towards him. "Excuse me... did you just said... an air-bender?" He said, looking at the man with a hopeful expression. The people turns to look at him.

"Oh yes... and a very powerful one too. That person managed to wipe out a whole army of fire-benders single handedly" the man said. Aang eyes widened as he turns to look at his friends.

"Did you guys hear that?? Another air-bender! I'm not the last one!" He said, excitedly. "I know you're happy, Aang... but let's not get your hopes up, okay?" Katara said, walking towards him.

"Are you calling us a liar?! Why don't you just stay here. The Silent Bender always comes to visit us everyday, to make sure no one attacks our small village. That person will come any time now" the man said. Aang turns to look at his friends with pleading eyes.

Sokka lets out a sigh and walks towards him. "Fine... we'll stay here. But we can't stay for long. You know what's coming for us, right?" He said. Aang nods his head excitedly. "Yeah I know. Thank you, Sokka!" He said, happily. He's feeling excited to find out that he might not be the last air-bender.

The man leads them to small inn. They settle inside and the man walks inside. Aang turns to look at the man. "So... tell us more about this Silent Bender..." he said. The man take a seat in front of them.

"Well... it all started when..." the man starts to tell them everything about their encounter with the mysterious figure. They stay silent as they listen to every words the man is telling them.