Part 2

I begin to make my way out of the alley knowing that with the sun rising I had to get away quickly. I hold my hand with the knife still in it when my burner phone starts to ring, I stop and pull it out of my back pocket, the screen is smashed. No caller ID, oh god. I answer it and listen to the silence then a familiar voice breaks through.

"I see you're in Hama" I shake my head and scoff

"Ok stalker, I'm on a mission, meaning I'm busy, what do you want" I say looking at the blood drip off the knife still in my hand as I bite back the pain

"Coffee date I'm sending you address be there at 9" he says not giving me a choice

"Wow lucky me, would you order me a big cup of no with an extra no" I argue back but get cut off by his serious voice

"Coffee in 3 hours don't be late Y/N" and before I can say anything he hangs up. I roll my eyes and begin to head back to where I was staying knowing that I didn't have long to cover up my hand and clean up all the blood. Nick would kill me if he saw my hand.

3 Hours later

"Nice disguise" I say sternly as I cross my arms whilst wearing black gloves to cover my numb hand. I stare at the back of his head as I wait for his response

"Sit, I got you your usual" I look at the cup across from him and see my favourite drink, I roll my eyes as I give in and sit across from him, he continues to stare at the other buildings, not making eye contact.

"Whatever you have to say it's no use, I'm not joining Nick, I've lost count at how many times I've said no" I say sternly as I pick up the cup with my left non injured hand

"How's this mission going?" he questions changing the topic but still not making eye contact "they killed 4 of our agents for that flash drive, I understand if it's too difficult for you" he challenges as he finally makes eye contact, before he can finish i cut him off

"You've never been one to underestimate me Nicholas and that's because I've never given you a reason too" I say as I look out to the other buildings sliding him a napkin with the flash drive underneath and the tracking device. I hear a small laugh come from him as he shakes his head sliding it into his pocket. I begin to bite and suck on my lip, a habit I picked up from a young age in Hydra to pass the time. I lean back in the chair and scan the area.

"Never will I doubt or underestimate the powers of you Y/N, this flash drive holds the plans to some pretty big weapons that could wipe out the whole universe and you went further buy not killing him and tracking him to watch his movements, always one step ahead you are but clearly they didn't take it easy on you" he looks at my swollen bottom lip "what's with the gloves?" he finishes as he sips his coffee staring at me.

"Ok enough of the chit chat, I know that you didn't come all the way to Siberia just to visit. I know what you're gonna ask and it's still a no, would you like it in fine print?" I say seriously making eye contact with him as I lean in resting my elbows on the table, it wasn't like Nick to come see me on mission, he knew he could risk blowing my cover so I knew it must be something important. I had missed a lot in the past few months so wasn't 100% sure where this was going to go.

"They're like children Y/N" I laugh leaning back as he leans forward "seriously though I'm not asking you to become an avenger I'm just asking you to help them out with this one mission, just help them complete it and then you can go back to doing this. Romanoff's working on Loki, she's gotten a bit out of him but I know you can get more, it was too easy for them to get him, they did have some problems which I need you to set them straight about. This requires the highest clearance level, they need you"  he finished, I roll my eyes, this was the first time Nick Fury had ever begged me, I knew that he must have really needed me but he could tell that I still wasn't fully convinced "Barton's been compromised Y/N ". My eyes shot to his as I entered his mind, I searched for the lie, hoped for it really but it was true.

"Let's go" I said firmly as I stood up ready to go only to be pulled back down

"Hey nah I paid for that the least you can do is finish it" he gave my a serious look as he pointed down at my drink. I picked it up a skulled it quickly.

"Happy?" I questioned receiving a small nod "Right then let's do this" I say standing up "hate to say it but I missed you Nick"

"I missed you too kid" he replied, wrapping his arm around me for a second as we walked away.