Part 3

"Ok so Loki is being held in a cell but I want to introduce you to everyone first so we'll go up I'll give a little introduction and then you do whatever you need to do from there" Nick says seriously as we make our way away from the helicopter and head towards the doors to the building. "Just remember that they are a little bit sensitive so don't push them too hard Y/N" he gives me a side eye glance knowing what my patience leaves are like I scoff shaking my head "I mean it, you and Stark both have a short temper and are both fluent in sarcasm, the two of you together scares people so even though you are much, much younger than him just be the mature one, I need a team not an individual if I wanted that I would have just started with you and had you said no then Romanoff" he continues as we walk in sync.

I'd only met tony a few months ago and we didn't have the best start off, we hated each other really. He was a smartass, and neither one of us liked to be wrong we were like two bulls always budding heads, but eventually we put our differences aside and now he's like a brother to me, a much older brother, but a brother.  We are both very a like, both have a though exterior and use sarcasm as our defence force. I think that's why we appreciate each other as well, the fact that we are able to understand one another in a way no one else can connects us. Nick doesn't really understand it and him and Tony don't get alone, which is very understandable for them two.

"I don't have a short temper. I have a quick reaction to bullshit" I shoot back fully knowing that he was right about me having to be the mature one. As Nick holds open the door for me I hear a familiar voice making me smile. "Umm I'll meet you up there" I say looking a Nick he stops for a second before hearing the voice and nodding, clearly he understood what I was going to do.

I make my way towards the closed door where the voice is coming from, I slowly open it not wanting to be heard just yet. I stand in the door way listening to the conversation. "Commander Maria Hill" I say strongly as I cross my arms and watch her turn to face me "I have a question about a mission I was assigned too" I state knowing that Maria and I both wanted to be alone together right now.

"Agent Smith could you excuse us for a moment please" she said firmly turning to the woman she was speaking too, slowly the agent moved towards me. I moved out of the door frame giving her a small smile and hold the door open for her quickly closing it behind her. Before I could fully turn around Maria had her arms wrapped around my neck, she let out a small laugh. "OMG Y/N I missed you so much, I didn't think Nick could actually convince you to come but I'm glad that he did. The second Loki got away Nick made it his own mission to find you".

She slowly lets go moving her hands down to mine and holding them, she gives a questionable look at the gloves I was still wearing as I try to push away the pain in my hand.

"Yeah well the second he told me about Clint I really had no choice plus, I do technically owe Nick for life" I replied quickly and pulled her into another hug before she could ask questions, "I missed you too". It had been 9 months since I had last seen Maria or anyone really, I had been on back to back mission in multiple countries so was travelling and going undercover a lot. Maria was like a mother to me the same way Nick was like a father, they were both there for me in a time in my life where I thought I was nothing. They're not my biological family, they're more than that.

"Where is the man?" she asked pulling away again bringing her finger to my busted lip.

"he's up talking to the avengers" I say in a irritated tone as I pull away to look around the room.

"Well aren't you just full of excitement" she reply's sarcastically

"Oh yeah I am so excited to work with a group of highly skilled individuals that prefer working individually, have been frozen for nearly 70 years and can turn into a big green rage monster" I spit back as I walk around the room. The Avengers are a group of highly skilled individuals who Nick brought together to defend the earth from global threats. When he first had the idea he asked me to be apart of it, he said with my skills and abilities I would be a great asset. But I knew that this group was going to either be something much bigger than Nick would have ever thought or it would crumble to pieces within minutes which clearly is happening. Yes if they did work then they would save and protect the planet from all threats but they would also be idolised by thousands of people around the world. People would dress up as them on Halloween and children would have birthday party's themed around them. They would be heroes, something that I'm not, something that I don't deserve to be. My past, the things I did could never be forgiven, I'm not a hero, that's why I said no.

"Well then you better head up and save them because from what I heard earlier when I walked past  you have your work cut out for you. But there's no one better for the job. I'm glad you're back" she pulls me into one last hug before pushing my towards the door almost as if she was sacrificing me. I knew I'd have my work cut out for me but were they really that bad?