60

"Absolutely not." I shake my head, and Dream drops his arms dramatically in exasperation.

"It'll be fun, I promise." He pleads, while Sapnap and Punz watch on amusedly.

"Oh it'll be fun to show me off like some kind of prized possession to convince a group of paramilitary lunatics to help you overthrow a government?" I cross my arms, leaning back into the couch.

"I want you to go as my date." Dream says . "Not- not whatever that is."

"Well, maybe you should have asked me before just deciding that you're going to take me to some whack-job banquet." I reply icily. "Not just ordered me to go."

"Rosie these people want to help take down Schlatt, and they'll want to listen to you. You can help us bring him down." Dream stresses. I scoff.

"Oh so now you want to bring him down? Right after you put him into power and conspired to keep him there, and are continuously working to help his government? That's fucking rich. No, you know what I think?" I lean forward, so my elbows touch my knees. "I think that these people are loaded with weapons, and you want to use them."

"He's out of control, I want him gone, and it's a lot easier if they get rid of him for me." He explains. "C'mon stop faking being mad at me for not asking you and just grab your stuff, we've got to leave soon."

He thinks I'm faking, does he? Oh why on earth would I be pissed off that he just miraculously decided that today we were going to a banquet-ball-thingy with a desert paramilitary group, and that I had to be his date? It's totally not like I value having personal autonomy and being able to make my own decisions or something.

Unfortunately for him, I'm just as stubborn and about ten times more vindictive.

"Fine." I say brightly, with a smile far too wide that even Dream seems unsure, masked face hiding the hesitancy that I can feel lays beneath. "But I'm not going as your date."

"You have to come as a plus one, you can't just show up on your own." He says instantly. My smile grows wider.

"Punz can be my date then."

If it was possible, I think Dream might have broken the bones in his hand with how tightly he has them balled into fists, and Punz is looking at me with a mixture of pride and terror, which is hilarious in its own right.

"Absolutely not." Dream snaps, so strangled I think his jaw might be next to break. "Punz is our personal security, he's not supposed to have a date."

I sigh, pretending to stew in mock disappointment like I didn't completely expect that answer, and like I'm not revelling in Dream's reaction. "Well, I guess I'll go with Sapnap."

Sapnap grins. "Hell yeah! Me and Rosie."

Dream splutters out an incoherent protest, still standing in the middle of the room. Both me and Sapnap completely ignore him.

"I'll show you my dress so you can get something to match." I beam at Sapnap, who claps his hands in excitement, pulling me off the couch and linking our arms.

"After you my lady." He says, in a fancy posh voice that sounds just a little bit off. I giggle.

Dream took the liberties of getting me a dress, and shoes, which quite frankly, I'm not even going to question how he got the measurements for.

It makes my blood boil, dressing me up like I'm some fucking doll that he owns, going to show me off in front of his friends, prance me around like some perfectly groomed show pony while they all leer on.