chapter fifty-two: deal

NCT HAECHAN AND CODE MOON'S MYSTERIOUS SYNCHED
ACTIONS DURING LIVE SESSION ARISES DATING SUSPICIONS

ARE NCT HAECHAN AND CODE OMI DATING?

NCT'S HAECHAN AND CODE'S MOON(AKA.'MYSTERY STAFF')
ARE SUSPECTED TO STILL BE IN A RELATIONSHIP

  "Again??" NCT127's manager sighs frustratedly at Donghyuck and the idol shrugs. "Haechan!" 

  "Well, you can just cover it up. Make up a story or something. You're the best at that," the celebrity provokingly suggests, directly-indirectly calling his manager out for his past deeds. 

  As usual, the other members are watching the two argue like an invested audience- which, they actually are. 

  "Haechan, to do that requires a lot of work and it's not that simple. Especially, now that she's a celebrity. We have to contact her agency and discuss about the issue.
  "If, for example, they release a statement opposite from ours, the medias will have more to talk about and will manipulate the public. We need to know what GALA Entertainment's decision about this," the staff explains and Donghyuck has the audacity to pay more attention to a floating dust visible in the sunlight from their window rather than his stressed manager that's at the brink of insanity.

  Mark gently kicks Haechan's leg and the latter finally, responds. 

  "Then, let it happen. Go with the flow and wait for GALA's statement to it," the maknae says and gives an unamused, lazy stare at the manager with half-lidded eyes. "Besides, manipulating the public is bad, isn't it?" 

  His constant patronizing attitude irritates the employee and intrigues the others who are rolling in their lips from forming grins and suppressing their laughter. 

  "...I'll see what the higher-ups say about this and try to arrange a meeting with GALA Entertainment. Until then, don't stir up any more trouble," the staff sighs in surrender, tired and Hyuck salutes. 

  "Okay, hyung~" 

  The door shuts and the idols finally, let out their excited reactions. 

  "I told you to focus on the live," Doyoung scolds the savage youngster but, partly supports his rebellion. 

  Donghyuck smirks arrogantly and flicks his hair while the audience buzz about their experience of watching a live drama. 

  "How's Eunwol doing? Did she say anything about it?" Taeil asks but it only makes Hyuck's proud countenance to falter and he slowly shakes his head.

  "No... She hasn't said anything at all after the live that day, actually."

  His sad tone worries his teammates and they turn confused and curious from his statement. 

  Donghyuck turns quiet after their oldest brother's question and he retreats to his room to check on his charging phone- hoping to see a text from Wollie but his empty notification bar shatters that hope. His hand clenches around the gadget in concern. 

  Did something happen? Did her phone break? Maybe, it died and she has no charger? Or maybe, she's just really, really busy? 

  He falls onto his mattress and bounces back up slightly before the weigh of his imaginary terrifying scenarios press him down. 

  Does she... not feel the same anymore?

 It's actually, the contrary and Eunwol is as every bit stressed as he is due to her inability to contact him. 

  There are too many hate comments, DMs and posts directed towards her- more so since she's a rookie idol and her manager doesn't want her seeing any of them. 

  "Oh, come on! I'm not gonna be affected by them! I practically told you my whole life story, already! These types of stuff aren't gonna sway me, mister!" Eunwol complains as she tries to persuade her manager to return her phone. 

  Yonghua persistently rejects. "It's not that I think you're weak. I just don't want you scrolling through them and attempt to throw a sassy remark."

  "I promise, I wouldn't! I just have to text—"

  "Alright, here's the deal. I'll give you your phone back after you have your CF shoot with Minjun," her manager negotiates. "Apparently, the company wanted to have fresh faces for their product thus, they specifically wanted both Minjun of YOUT4 and Moon of CODE considering how you two are the faces of your own group." 

  Eunwol pouts, upset. "But, that shoot is 2 days from now!" 

  "Well, I'm okay with holding the phone for a month—"

  "I take back what I said."