𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 32

I turn to Axton, for some reason I feel obligated to explain this to him out of everyone

"It's not-"  I begin but he stops me. 

"That's why you didn't drink the wine." he mumbles, eyes holding a clear expression of being hurt. Why's he so hurt? 

"What? No!" 

"Hope I get an invitation to the fucking baby shower." he mumbles, walking to the door. I run after him. 

"It's not Trey's child!" What the hell am I saying. 

"Then who's child is it?" My mom grabs my hand, stopping me from running after Axton. 

"There is no child! What the fuck?" I yell. I don't curse that often, but this situation is screwed up. 

"Language!" My mother yells and I feel like knocking her over with my purse. Is she fucking mad?

"You just lied about me being pregnant!" 

" I didn't lie!" she yells back and I get that feeling of deja vu, shouting at her as she shouts back. This was how every conversation went with her at a time. Only yelling, nothing else. 

"Would you two stop yelling?" Shyla yells and it hits me. 

She told mom I'm pregnant to cover for her. 

"Sophia, you're not ready for a child." I fold my arms, staring at Shyla, more like glaring. 

"I know." I say. 

"You're not keeping it." I'm not pregnant but if I was, does she really think I'll listen to her bullshit about the media. 

"That's not your choice to make, mother." I walk towards the stairs. 

"I am your mother, of course, I have a choice here, where are you going?" 

"Shyla, we need to talk," I tell her as I walk up to my room.  I take my phone out calling Axton but he doesn't answer me. He thinks I'm freaking pregnant. 

"Axton, call me back, I swear it's not what you think, I'm not pregnant," I say into the phone, hoping he listens to my voicemail. 

"I'm sorry Soph." Shyla walks in, closing the door.  

"Mom saw the test and I was scared to tell her that it's mine, so I used you as my cover, I'm sorry. I know you're probably disappointed in me, I'm pregnant and it's going to affect my career." She says through sobs. 

"Mom's going to make this so much worse." she full-on breaks down and I pull her into a hug.  

"I'm not disappointed in you Shyla, and don't worry about your career, you have to worry about your health. As for mom, she's going to have to understand, but I promise you, you're not alone, I'm going to be here with you throughout this entire journey, I'll support you in any decision you need. I promise, remember we're sisters. I'm your older sister too, so if adopting you is what we're going to have to do, then pack your bags!" I tell her and she chuckles.