7 | The truth in the lies

-Maya-

I woke up when I smelled a delicious scent in the house. I turned on my bedside lamp and got up from my bed to see what was going on.

When I entered the kitchen, Luna was giggling while Noah was cooking on the stove, shirtless.
"What would you like princess?" Noah says to Luna. "Chocolate milk!" I see Noah smile at Luna before he walks to the fridge grabs the milk.

"Mommy!" Luna blows my cover. Noah locks eyes with me and his smile disappears. His eyes scan me before they return to the cup of milk in front of him.

"What's for breakfast?" I ask. "Eggs and pancakes." Noah says in a low tone. I nod to myself while I turn my attention to Luna.
"How'd you sleep mija?" I ask. "I slept great. Daddy told me he has a day planned for us." "It's just for me and Luna." Noah chimes in.
"Oh." I slightly mutter. "It's okay. I should get some things done at the office anyways."

I eat my breakfast and watch as Luna and Noah get along so well. I didn't doubt it though. Luna may have my looks but inside she's the exact person of her father.

I change into something comfortable for the office. I hear a few knocks hit my door, and let them in.
"Hey." Noah's voice echos in my room. "Hey." I say back. My back faces him while I watch him watch me in the mirror.

"Can I help you with something?" I ask. "Nope." "Then why did you come in?" I hear him sigh. "I don't know."
I turn and face Noah and he stares at the ground. I cross my arms over my chest while I watch Noah's distressed body.

"I still can't get over the fact that I have a daughter." Noah says. "Yeah. I didn't believe it even when she was born." I add on.

I hear Noah chuckle under his breath, obviously trying hard to hide it.
"Thank you." He surprisingly says. "For what?" I ask.
"For giving me a daughter like I always wanted. For naming her Luna, for it all." "Even though I kept her from you." Noah nodded but his facial expression was hard.

Noah takes slow steps towards me, and the sound of his shoes hitting the hard floor ring in my ears.
"I still want to talk about us." He says in a low tone.
"There's not much to talk about." I try to step back but I'm stopped by my mirror.
"There's plenty of unfinished business between us Maya."

Noah stands in front of me with a hard gaze locked on me. My stomach turns at the way his eyes show a dark look while they follow my every move.

"We can't." I whisper. "Don't do this. Not again." His voice suffocates me.
"You have a girlfriend. We've already done so much to each other." "She's not you though,"

Noah's fingers run in my hair, brushing against my shoulder. I shiver at his touch. His warm body still has the same impact on me like it did when we first met.

"I've been blinding myself for 3 years to make myself believe I could be with her. But deep down I knew it would never work out."
Noah leans down, making our faces in line with each other.

"She's not the mother of my child. She can't make me crazy like you do. She can't make me crave like you do."
I feel my legs slowly giving out on me while I grab the mirror for support.

Noah's arm latches around my waist as he see my struggle to stand.
"I'm not asking for a second change right now, but I'm begging you to think about it. If not for me, then for Luna at least."

Seeing Noah step up and put Luna before his decisions makes my heart clench in my throat. That's all I wanted. I wanted him to love her, and here he is.

"She's probably waiting for you." I place my hand against his chest and push him. His face drops and stares at my hand on his chest.
"Please think about it." He asks. His hand holds onto mine that is on his chest, keeping it in place.

"I'll think about it but I have to get to work Noah." I push past him and walk to my desk to grab my purse and phone.
"I'll take Luna to my house. You can pick her up from there. I'm sure everyone would love to see you." I nod to Noah.
I attempt to open my bedroom door but Noah reaches before me and opens the door. I show no emotion but inside I'm smiling.

When we walk into the living room, Luna is sitting on the couch with a bright smile on her face.
"I'm ready!" She cheers. I laugh to myself. I walk towards her and pick her up while we all walk outside like a family.

Noah puts Luna in the backseat of his car. I crawl in and place a kiss on her forehead.
"Behave for daddy, okay?" I say. I hear Noah's husky chuckle behind me, making me regret my choice of words.

"I'll behave." Luna says back. I close the back door and stand in front of Noah's muscular body.
"Should I behave as well?" He teasingly asks. I roll my eyes.
"Take care of her please." I beg. "I promise. I'll watch her every second."

I let out a deep breath of relief. "Besides..." Noah's catches my attention again.
"It's not like I'll be able to take my eyes off her anyways."

Thank you for reading today's chapter

I WANT NOAH AND MAYA TO GET BACK TOGETHER ALREADY BUT I DONT WANT TO RUSH THEIR STORY!!
might cry-

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R, <3

 -R, <3