Softball • N.R.

This is my FAVORITE episode of Grey's Anatomy, and i will PROBABLY be doing a version of Yelena, and Wanda as well. But for now enjoy a Natasha one. Ohhhh! I'm so excited.

[Third Person...]

Yelena and you were laying on the ground of the grass area of the baseball field when a ball came flying above you.

"Hey!" You both yelled in unison.

"Sorry!" Bucky said running for the ball, grabbing it and putting it in his glove as he joined your conversation.

"How's Natasha?" He asked

"She's... Natasha." Yelena said, you just continued to look up to the sky sadly. You and Natasha decided to call it quits a few months before, but you were still heartbroken. You rarely ate, and never came out of your room. Yelena had to drag you out today.

"You okay, y/n?" Bucky asked you concerned. You just nodded, staring up into the clouds. He nodded, before his train of thought was interrupted by Tony.

"Buck! Throw the ball!" Bucky threw the ball and ran back. Yelena got up, and helped you up as well. You both stared at Natasha with her date across the field.

The avengers were all playing a game of softball against the fire department, Steve and Sam being very organized decided to make it a practice thing an hour before the game, it was thought of by Yelena to do it, an attempt to get you out of your room. It was successful.

Well, until the part where Natasha decided to be a dick to make you jealous and bring a date. Classic Natalia. She had no idea how you were doing, Yelena wouldn't tell her.

Every-time she'd knock on your door, you were gone. Or so she thought. You were in your room, in the dark not wanting to see anyone. But she had thought you moved on.

"Y/n! Your up!" Steve yelled.

Wanda was behind him in the dugout.

"Come on Cap! Please let me pitch! I'm a really good pitcher!" Wanda begged

"We're fine, Bucky throws an unbeatable screwball with that arm... alright? Now- Y/n! Your up!" He yells, Wanda sits back in defeat. You sulk to the batting area where Cap hands you a heavy wooden bat. You could feel the dark oak wood on your fingers.

You get into a batting stance.

"Alright, let's go!" He yelled

Bucky pitches the ball, you hit it hard and dropped the bat running to the first base. Steve instructs you on what to do.

"Alright, drop the bat- okay! Run to third!" He yelled

"Don't stop!" He yelled again

Yelena was looking at you proudly as she watched, from her area on the ground. Tony seen this and yells towards her.

"Come on, Belova! Look alive!" He yells

"Come on, you can at least stand up!" Tony yells again

Yelena just laughs at his attempts to scold her, she looks over to Natasha who was just staring at you.

This was the last straw, after seeing Natasha "moving on" so easily. Your done crying about her. Even if your heart still aches, and even if you can't see her pleading eyes watching you. Even if you can't see her own heart breaking at the sight of the bags under your eyes, or how skinny you've gotten.

You can't hear her heart break, oh but she can. She can also feel the regret of bringing this stranger as a date to the softball game only to make you jealous. It was eating her up inside, but now she has two problems.