Chapter 6

"Theresa," she heard an unfamiliar voice

"Theresa," she heard an unfamiliar voice. She walked further down the alley to see a bald man standing in front of the body of a woman who was floating in the air.

"My darling Theresa," he said grinning at her. "Oh, how I missed you. Don't worry, we'll see each other soon." 

Suddenly there was a flash of light and a dark mist forming a pattern. It was the same pattern as the cover of the book she had found hidden in her father's room. She had never opened it, but the pattern had always intrigued her. 

Tessa gasped awake as she wiped the beads of sweat on her forehead. Everything slowly came back to her, the dance, Klaus disguised as Ric, him compelling her.

"What did you do to her," Elena's voice brought her back to her senses as she quickly shop up from the couch. 

Stefan and Damon were looking at her worried as Elena kept pestering him about something.

"What happened," she asked groggily, rubbing her eyes that were still tired.

"Damon let Bonnie die is what happened," Elena screamed as she looked at Damon accusingly.

She strode up to him and the next thing he knew, she had slapped him. 

This made Tessa's blood boil. Whatever he did, Damon did not deserve to be slapped by the girl he loved. 

She walked up to Elena and pushed her back, making her stumble.

"I don't care what he did. If you lay a hand on him again, I swear to god, Elena, I will forget that you're my best friend. Damon does not deserve you to slap him and push him around because he's trying to protect you," she screamed.

"She's not dead," Damon blurted out, looking at Tessa and completely ignoring Elena. "She did a spell, she's safe with Jeremy." Tessa sighed in relief and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you," she whispered, "I'm going to sleep now. Apparently, when someone compels you to sleep, it doesn't actually relax you."

After a lot of convincing that she did not need Damon to drop her home, or for him to speed her there because it always makes her dizzy, Tessa was walking home with constant texts from an angry and worried Damon.

She was lost in her thoughts about how she could protect Elena from the oldest vampire, and what she was going to tell her mother when she asks her why she's late. She suddenly felt a shove on her shoulder making her break out of her trance and stumble back.

"Hey, asswipe. Watch where you're going," she said to the back of the man.

"Wait," the blonde and brunette turned to look at her. "You can see us?"

"I'm not blind, genius," she crossed her arms. She really was not in the mood.

"You have the Sight," the blonde murmured as both of them looked at her like she was a museum artwork.

"Okay, this is weir-," she was cut off when she noticed the matching tattoos on both of them. One of them matched the cover of the book and her dream, making her furrow her brows.

"Hey, what's - what's that tattoo," she said pointing at him.

"Just a design," the brunette quickly answered.

"No, it's not. Who are you?"

"Catch," Tessa saw the blonde throw something at her. She caught it and it quickly turned into a glowing blade making her squeak.

"She's a shadowhunter, Alec," the blonde said to the brunette.

"Just what we needed, another new shadowhunter," the brunette - Alec mumbled.

"Jace, Alec," a female voice from above screamed and they both ran away leaving a very distressed Tessa.

Tessa walked towards the Salvatore Boarding House only to see the should-be daggered original and Elena with a dagger in her hand. 

"One day of peace," she groaned catching the duo's attention. "That's all I ask."

"Whatever you're doing, you need someone mature like me to be there and make sure you don't do something stupid and you," she pointed at Elijah, "don't kill her for doing something stupid."

And that is how she ended up in the backseat of a car with a pissed-off original and an idiotic doppelganger.

"You look better," Elena commented as Elijah finished his blood bag.

"Where did you get the dagger?" Elijah asked.

"I'll tell you everything, but we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word"

"You're ability to make demands has long passed," he stated.

"No demands, I'm offering you my help. And in return, I want yours."

"And why should I even consider this?" Elijah asked.

 "The same reason you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus and I need you." 

Elena's phone starting buzzing making Tessa groan, "When are these two going to understand that you're perfectly capable of being alive without them around?"

"Where is Tessa? Where are you? Are you okay?" Stefan started questioning. 

"Yes, I'm fine. And so is Tessa."

"Where's Elijah?"

"He's right here."

"Where? I'm on my way."

"No, Stefan. Elijah and I, and apparently Tes," she glanced at the grinning and waving brunette, "need some time alone."

"Listen to me. He can't be trusted. He'll use you to get to Klaus."

"Elijah is a noble man, Stefan. He lives by a code of honour. I trust him. He knows that we'd be incredibly stupid to betray him again. By removing the dagger, I have proven myself. "

"You can't do this alone."

"She's not alone, genius," Tessa interrupted.

"It's my decision, Stefan. Please respect it," Elena said. 

"And make sure Day doesn't do anything Damon-y," Tessa said before Elena hung up.