Chapter forty - break up

Margaret POV

I groaned as I feel something heavy pinning over my body. I raise my hands to reach what's this thing making me feel this way. As my hands touches it, I definitely have no hairy kind of pillow on my bed. Opening my eyes I saw Matthew lying , more on sleeping half of his body on me.

I looked at him confused? How do we get in this situation? Definitely I didn't sleep with this guy last night. Because what happened last night was just me talking to him breaking up.

Memories of last night flashes on my mind.

-------- Flashback---------

He asked me where do I want to go and I told him just drive me back to my dorm. At first he gives me a disapproving look. And I raise my brows on him.

"I'm hungry babe!" He whine at me.

"Huh?"

"Can we stop first in the dining and eat first? I am super hungry. Please?" He said to me.

Such an insensitive of me. Of course he is hungry since he just played in a game.

After we order our food and it just came in minutes after we order it. As expected he really devoured everything. I am not surprised at all. The amount of muscles this guy have need a lot of food to maintain it.

"Why are you not eating babe?" He asked me when I am still halfway of my food.

Truthfully I can't concentrate since I have hard time thinking on how to break up things with him. I know he would not like the idea.

"I don't feel hungry at all!" I said but truthfully my stomach is rambling inside. Just now it's not my priority.

"Do you want to order something that you crave? How about chocolate? Hmmm... for get.. Let's go to a store instead and buy your favorite gummy bears there!" He said while smiling at me.

"It's fine! Can you drive me back to my dorm now?" I asked him softly making him frown.

He stand up from his seat and put his hand on my forehead. This time I am the one looking at him confused.

"What?" I asked him.

"You're not sick right?" He asked me with a worried eyes. He kneel down on my level and hold my hands. "You ok? I don't think you're feeling ok. My baby will never say no to gummy bears!" He said to me and I smiled.

This guy really accustomed of my weird habit of eating too much sugar. It's rare how he stared at me with awe while I eat my favorite candy. Not all guys can appreciate it nor like the idea of their girlfriends eating something child liked.

"Shut up!" I said as I feel embarrassed.

"Can we go now?' I asked him and he nodded. I said as I stand up.

"Do you want me to carry you babe?" He said and I smack his chest.

"No way! I am fine Matthew no need to worry!" I answered him.

Instead answering me he hold me in his arms. I feel his breath on my head I tried to push him but he never oblige. Instead he hold me tight encircling his arms on my body.

"I love you babe!" He softly whispered that audible for me and him only.

I can feel my body stiffened. It's not my first time to hear this words coming from a guy. But it makes things harder for me now. How can I break things with him? When he just let out his feelings for me.

"Can we go now?" I said as I break the silence between us.

"Ok let's go!" He said as he tried to brighten his voice. I know he must disappointed that I didn't respond to his confession. What can I do? Just awhile ago his Coach reminded me that I am no good for him. I don't want that.

We walked again hand in hand. In the ride to my dorm, silence in gulf the car. I can feel his gaze on me. I know he must have sense something now. As he park the car in the parking lot. I didn't went out immediately instead I face him. He also didn't bother to go out.

"There's something you need to know. I am not the type of person to hide something important things especially to someone I have relationship with!" I paused while I stared at him. He gives me a look to continue my sentence.

"I went to your game today, it's fun seeing you playing in the field. I get it why girls adores you. But something is off of you today. I knew something trouble you. But I can't picture it out. When last quarter begin I was being summoned by your Coach. I went inside to his office!" I said while I paused. I gulped slowly since I don't know how to say this to him.

"He said you are not doing good. That you been out of your concentration for the past few days and he definitely didn't like it. He said I am the major cause of it. He told me that I am no good for you. That I am just for your money, fame and looks. I of course didn't like the idea as I stand corrected him for one thing that I am not with you because if your money.

But what he said hit me since I saw you playing in the field today. You really looked distracted and out of concentration. He then told me to break up things with you. That he just helping me shorting the process since he knows that this relationship will not last anyway knowing that you came from rich stable family.

So, I am sorry! I hate to break up this way but I have to. Hope you understand!" I said and I left him there.

I didn't bother to looked behind me again. I just run to my dorm, get inside quickly and went to my room. That's the last happened yesterday.

----------- FLASHBACK END ----------