Chapter 49

All of them were currently sitting in the Great Hall, studying for Potions as Snape walked amongst the tables, chastising people for talking.

And the entire time as Leona, Fred and George were studying for their N.E.W.Ts, they were listening to Ron and Harry complain about not having dates to the Ball, Snape hitting their heads with a book as he walked past.

"Might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone," Hermione informed the boys, who were taking solace in the fact that Neville would also be dateless.

Leona smiled.

Ginny had come looking for her the other day, excited that someone had asked her to the ball. Neville was really sweet too and Leona was happy for them both.

She, Ginny and Hermione had also gone dress shopping in Hogsmeade, Hermione giving opinions as the two girls looked, eventually finding the perfect ones.

Leona was also brewing a special something for Hermione since she already had a dress.

"Now I'm really depressed," Ron sighed before George handed him a note.

Get a move on or all the good ones will have gone.

"Who are you going with then?" Ron asked George as he passed the note back across the table and George only balled it up before throwing it at Angelina who turned around, annoyed, even though it was George.

"Oi Angelina," George whispered.

"What?" she asked.

"Do you," he began as he made really obvious gestures that made everyone watching, except Ron and Harry, laugh. "Want to go to the ball with me?"

"To the ball?" she asked with a smile.

"Yeah."

"Yeah, alright," she grinned, Leona shooting her a wink before Angelina turned around to talk to Alicia, George winking at Ron as he smirked.

"Oi Hermione, you're a girl," Ron said, Leona already knowing that this was about to go bad.

"Well spotted," she said sarcastically as she looked up.

"Come with one of us?" Ron asked, mimicking George's gestures and ignoring Harry's warnings before Snape hit both him and Ron on the back of the head with a book. "Come on. It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone, for a girl it's just sad."

Hermione was beyond offended. And so was Leona.

"I won't be going alone because believe it or not someone's asked me," she snapped before getting up and handing Snape her workbook. "And I said yes!"

And she stormed out of the hall.

"You always know just want to say, don't you Ronny-boy?" Leona said sarcastically as she stood, handing Snape her book before coming back to collect her things. "I'm going to check on her. See you later," she said to Fred as she kissed his cheek and chased after Hermione.

"'Mione, ignore him. You know what an idiot he is," Leona said as she caught up to the girl. 

"Doesn't mean it doesn't hurt," Hermione replied.

"And I know how we can hurt him back."

Hermione stopped.

"How?"

Leona grinned wickedly.

"By showing him what he's missing out on."