VI

it was now night and we were all sat in the living room. them all talking and i just tuning in every now and then. i tuned out for a minute and realised how tired i actually was.
"uhm im actually quite tired" i said. they all looked up at me and sarah smiled.
"yeah me too i'll come up with you" sarah said "she's sleeping in your room right?" she nodded towards rafe.
"yeah."

me and sarah were now upstairs brushing our teeth. she let me use a spare one.
"bar yu mgay id warjnf u rugm lig roef"
"ahbs?"
we both looked at eachover and started laughing. we spat out the toothpaste and sarah asked again.
"are you okay with sharing a room with rafe?"
"yeah yeah it's fine. i mean it's just like two singles but pushed together. anyways i can't complain it isn't my house."
"yes but you're a guest and i want you to feel welcome"
"aw thankyou but yes i'm okay. thankyou again for asking."
"all good. now i'm going to go to my room. come to me if you need anything. four doors down on the left." she smiled and left the room.
i quickly got changed into grey cotton shorts and a white vest top which sarah gave to me.

i got into rafes bed and attempted to go to sleep. i was really tired but my brain just wouldn't switch off which was really annoying. after about half an hour i hear the door open and foot steps to the bathroom. i hear the door close and the bathroom light switch on. then about five minutes later the door opens once again and i look up to see rafe standing there. wearing grey joggers and no shirt.
"i didn't know you were awake"
"now you do." i smiled which he did not return.
"i'm going to sleep on the sofa downstairs. think it'll be a bit weird to share a bed just now."
i nodded and watch him walk over to the door. he did this quite slowly like he thought i was going to change my mind but i didn't. he eventually reached the door and stopped. he turned around and went to say something but stopped himself and left.

380 words+