Chapter 46- A cold ending

Jenni pushed me out of our hiding place in silence. It was time to go before we got caught or died of cold. I wanted to check the bracelet for damages, yet with Jenni's powerful pull, it proved a hard task to fulfil.

I let her guide me, as I was unaware of the path back to my room. Or so I wanted to believe. In reality, I was shaking as my body turned to jelly. Maybe because of the poison, or maybe because of the sinking feeling that I was stuck in a crazy family that could kill me at any moment.

My body wanted to stop and have a deep breath. But I knew I couldn't. The time for that had passed long ago. I was scared, and I hated that shit. Hated the feeling of helplessness and weakness, and this day was full of those fucked up feelings.

The Mountnero doesn't use broken things. They break them.

I had heard Belladona's words before. Wrong... I had read them. In a scene I found so exciting, it could only come from another life. They were a warning made by Emperor Francis to the main character, Joshua's daughter. A warning, I remembered with dread, that she didn't abide in time. 

However, I was not the main character. And I was way worse off.

We arrived at my room, whose complete darkness upset me. In a hurry, I lit the candles around my bed to wash away the unsettledness of my heart. Like a woman soon to be dragged by her feet to the beast's teeth, I avoided the comfort of my bed. Sensing my reluctance, Jenni nudged me forward, promising me to stay by my side. Even with her words, I was still unwilling to go to rest, but my body had other ideas... the traitor wanted to sleep!

I let myself go under the covers with my head sitting on the pillow. As Jenni took the place next to me in bed, I peered into the bracelet. Though my eyes drifted fast into the darkness, I saw with clarity the cut that divided one rock in the middle. And I thought to myself, as the nightmares embraced me, that it was not that bad.

This darkness brought me back to her, to those golden eyes and her lifeless body. Even in her death, she watched me and for some macabre reason, it soothed me. I heard footsteps then my heart sunk and my body rebelled against me. I couldn't move or run, as he came closer to her. He touched her cheek before turning to me and I could smell my own fear. There I saw, those crystalline, murderous and sadistic eyes that locked into mine. Blue as the ocean. Blue as... a Mountenero.

Frightened and cold, the darkness dissipated and I was back into my room, searching for the comfort of Jenni's hands. But she was not there and as I looked around, I saw my nightmare sitting across the room. His legs were crossed and his upper body was obscured by the shadows of the corner. Yet, not his, blue and murderous, eyes. Those shone like bright beacons.

The room, once warm and welcoming, had now ice forming from ceiling to floor. He got closer to the edge of the armchair, his face, easier to see. Through those eyes he weighed me and I felt myself closer to death.

"Who are you?" the chill of that question made me despair. He knew, but how?

My breaths were hurting from the cold. The more I waited, the worst they became. Breathing soon wouldn't be an option.

"Papa..." I tried, in a futile attempt at softening his anger. It only made it worst. My lungs got tight and my body was unable to function. I was literally freezing under his gaze.

"Who. Are. You?" the voice was pure anger and impatience.

I breathed one last time.

Time to go see death... he must dearly miss me.

With no way to go, I faced him. My eyes locked on those deep aquamarine ones. There was not much to see as my vision blurred and my mind began to drift. But with my nails, I carved part of my skin, the pain enough to bring some sort of clarity. It was time to end. End all of it.

"I am Luna Caetano."

WoooooooooWWW !!! Cliffhanger ?? So what now?! Did expect that? XD

Did you enjoy it? I had fun planning this chapter. Yet the ACT is yet to be finalized. One chapter to go (Title: Warm Greetings)!

Then ACT 3 here it comes!! (So excited!!).